3 Most Important Things Every Couple Needs So The Relationship Can Last

Forum 6 years ago

3 Most Important Things Every Couple Needs So The Relationship Can Last

When we enter into a relationship or marriage, we enter in hopes that we have all it takes to make it last long and survive through the challenges. We believe we are equipped to sustain the relationship but sometimes, we might be wrong, leading us to suffer disappointment and heartbreak.

There are a lot of do’s and dont’s when it comes to keeping your union strong, but without these three main ones, you are unlikely to have a successful relationship.

1. Trust

A good relationship can only be sustained when both partners are secure and trust one another. It can be hard giving your heart to someone who may or may not cherish it, but this risk has to be taken to have a strong relationship. You should believe in each other and trust that the other person can make good decisions and maintain the morals you both share. You should act as a team, confident that your partner has got your back and vice versa.

2. Respect

Love cannot thrive without respect. You cannot say you love someone and lack respect for that person. When you admire your partner professionally and personally, when you appreciate the way they choose to live their life, this will make you more attracted and passionate towards them. You are interested in them and want to be around them. Love builds from this. So, ask yourself, do I value my partner? Am I proud of him/her? Do I have a high opinion of him/her? If the answer to these is Yes, then you are on a fast track to a very happy marriage and relationship.

3. Likeability

It is normal to say you love your spouse, but do you actually like them? Anyone in a relationship can tell you that these are two different things. Liking a person mean wanting to spend time with them, enjoy similar interests with them and thinking alike most of the time. You actually enjoy each other’s company because they make you laugh or make you feel good about yourself. You feel like you are truly yourself with this person.

When you trust, respect and like someone, the love becomes stronger and more likely to last longer. But, if all you feel is love, the feelings can fade fast and leave you with nothing else to rebuild on.

[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Rebecca Ferguson Discusses Mission: Impossible Exit: ‘It Needs to Be Worth It’
Forum | 7 hours ago

Rebecca Ferguson Discusses Mission: Impossible Exit: ‘It Needs to Be Worth It’

Why Nigeria Needs Parliamentary System Of Govt – Peter Obi
Forum | 1 day ago

Why Nigeria Needs Parliamentary System Of Govt – Peter Obi

Bobrisky: Nigeria Has Become Dumping Ground For A Lot Of Things - Foluke Daramola
Forum | 3 days ago

Bobrisky: Nigeria Has Become Dumping Ground For A Lot Of Things - Foluke Daramola

Young Couple Who Discovered They’re Siblings After a Year of Dating Refuse to End Relationship
Forum | 5 days ago

Young Couple Who Discovered They’re Siblings After a Year of Dating Refuse to End Relationship