35 APC Senators-Elect Endorse Saraki For Senate President

Forum 8 years ago

35 APC Senators-Elect Endorse Saraki For Senate President

The former governor of Kwara State, Senator Bukola Saraki, seems to be on his way to becoming the country’s next Senate President, after receiving majority support from 35 All Progressives Congress senators-elect.

It was gathered that the newly elected senators endorsed the candidacy of Saraki, for the position of senate president.

An ecstatic Saraki went online to post a video of the Senator-elects announcement and then wrote: “I am grateful that 35 out of 59 APC Senator-elect making majority today endorsed my candidacy as Senate president”.

I am grateful that 35 out of 59 APC Senator-elects "making majority" today endorsed my candidacy as Senate president.

— Bukola Saraki (APC) (@bukolasaraki) May 23, 2015

Meanwhile, Saraki’s candidacy had sparked up a lot of controversy as majority of the APC leaders in the country refused to give in.

Despite the zoning policy the APC promised to ignore, Saraki has always been the preferred choice.

Saraki will represent the North-Central zone, which also produced outgoing Senate President, David Mark.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja
Forum | 2 days ago

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja

Court Reverses Order Suspending Ganduje As APC National Chairman
Forum | 2 days ago

Court Reverses Order Suspending Ganduje As APC National Chairman

Another APC Ward Faction Suspends Ganduje
Forum | 3 days ago

Another APC Ward Faction Suspends Ganduje

Why Wike Was Allowed Into PDP National Caucus Meeting - Senate Minority Leader, Moro Speaks
Forum | 3 days ago

Why Wike Was Allowed Into PDP National Caucus Meeting - Senate Minority Leader, Moro Speaks