5 Killed As Cultists Unleash Mayhem In Lagos

Forum 8 years ago

5 Killed As Cultists Unleash Mayhem In Lagos

Suspected cultist have reportedly killed five persons in different areas of Igbo-Elerin, Lagos State.

The cultist allegedly went on rampage after a rival gang weekend shot their leader, simply identified as Skay, at Aladesanmi Street at 8:00pm last Thursday.

Angered by the death of their leader, members of the gang on Friday at about 7am, stormed a house located at Martins street where they dragged a member of a rival cult gang out of his
house and slaughtered him in front of his gate.
They also killed a suspected cultist at Idowu Street.

Vanguard gathered that on Friday night, cultist raided several relaxation centres searching for members of a rival gang.

According to a food vendor who resides around Martins street, it was a terrible situation on Friday morning when hoodlums stormed the street and killed a boy.

Another resident in Idowu Street who craved anonymity, said: “The incident started at about 8pm on Thursday evening when I closed my shop.

‘’ I noticed that every where had been deserted. It was as if people had ran away. There were no okada or commercial buses plying the road. So on Friday morning, I heard that the leader of a cult gang had been killed.

‘’I had to close on Friday when they were still shooting sporadically, people were running helter skelter for safety.”

A landlord in the area lamented the mindless manner the hoodlums were snuffing out lives of people in the area like animals.

‘’We know some of these boys causing trouble in the area, but we can’t give information to the Police because after they are released, they will come after us.

‘’Some of these cultist are children of police officers. The police officers are aware of the cultist activities at Igbo-elerin but you will only see policemen in the area after the cultist had succeeded in killing people,’’ he said.

Since Thursday night, residents have been living in fear of the unknown as the cultist are on rampage.

When Vanguard visited the scene of the incident on Friday, shops in the affected areas were under lock.

Contacted, spokesperson, Lagos State Police Command, DSP Joe Offor, said he would get back to Vanguard but didn’t do so at press time.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Commotion As 16 People Are Feared Killed By Terrorist Bomb In Borno
Forum | 22 hours ago

Commotion As 16 People Are Feared Killed By Terrorist Bomb In Borno

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge
Forum | 22 hours ago

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge

Lagos Govt Arrests 25 Suspected Miscreants, Including Lebanese Squatting Under Bridges
Forum | 1 day ago

Lagos Govt Arrests 25 Suspected Miscreants, Including Lebanese Squatting Under Bridges

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat