AFCON: Nwabali faces late fitness test ahead Angola clash

Forum 2 months ago

AFCON: Nwabali faces late fitness test ahead Angola clash

Super Eagles’ Coach, Jose Peseiro, says goalkeeper Stanley Nwabali will be facing a late fitness test ahead of the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON, quarter final match against Palancas Negras of Angola on Friday, February 2.

Peseiro disclosed this while addressing journalists on Thursday in Abidjan at a news conference, saying that a decision would be made later today.

He said that if the goalkeeper fails to make it, he will play Francis Uzoho instead.

The coach noted that he has confidence in any of the goalkeepers in camp because he trusts all of them.

The Portuguese tactician said that his team is ready for the task ahead.

“It is going to be a tough match, our team will be playing with the maximum concentration, good determination and organisation.

We are playing a good team, not big name,” Peseiro said.

Waploaded recalls that the Super Eagles played out a 1-1 draw in their first game against Equatorial Guinea, dispatched host, Elephants of Cote D’Ivoire, 2-0 in the second game and recorded a 1-0 win over Guinea Bissau in the last group B match.

The three time African champions defeated the Indomitable Lions of Cameroon 2-0 in the round of 16 to set up a date with the Palacas Negras of Angola in the quarter final.

Angola are one of the highest scoring teams in the 2023 AFCON with nine goals.

The Palancas Negras secured a 1-1 draw in their first group match with Algeria, before a 3-2 win over Mauritania, and 2-0 victory against Burkina Faso.

They thrashed Namibia 3-0 in the round of 16 to set up a clash with Nigeria.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Illbliss Remembers Late Indigenous Rapper, Dagrin
Forum | 2 days ago

Illbliss Remembers Late Indigenous Rapper, Dagrin

Nicki DaBarbie Shares Test Result, Outcome Leaves Many Shocked
Forum | 2 days ago

Nicki DaBarbie Shares Test Result, Outcome Leaves Many Shocked

Lateef Adedimeji Recounts Grass-to-Grace Journey, Inspires Many
Forum | 2 days ago

Lateef Adedimeji Recounts Grass-to-Grace Journey, Inspires Many

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 3 days ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie