I Brought Iyanya To Lagos And Accommodated Him For Years – Kcee Opens Up

Forum 2 months ago

I Brought Iyanya To Lagos And Accommodated Him For Years – Kcee Opens Up

Kingsley Okonkwo, the popular Nigerian singer, who is famously known as Kcee, has revealed that he brought his colleague, Iyanya to Lagos and accommodated him for six years.

He also disclosed that he discovered Skibii’s talent and brought him to the spotlight.

Kcee said he doesn’t like to blow his trumpet despite supporting several of his colleagues in the music industry.

Speaking in a recent episode of the Afrobeats Podcast, Kcee said:
“I brought Iyanya to Lagos, I bought his first flight ticket. He stayed with me for six years in Lagos. I don’t talk about it.

“I also brought Skibii to the music industry. Skibii is grateful to me for that till today. When I was recording ‘Ojapiano,’ Skibii was in the studio with me. He was a co-writer of the song. We visit each other always. We are still like father and son.

“When I saw Skibii I was like, ‘I love this guy. I’m going to work with him.’ Even when he wasn’t popping, I always tell him, ‘Look into my eyes, you’re gonna blow. I don’t know how, I don’t know when, but you are a star. So that gave him a lot of confidence.

“I am that guy that know how to identify talent. When I see it, I know. And I would support.”

Reacting to a viral clip of the interview on X, Iyanya wrote: “Yes, he [Kcee] did [accommodated me] and I’m forever grateful.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
LaLiga: Ancelotti opens up on future of Real Madrid’s wonderkid, Arda Guler
Forum | 21 hours ago

LaLiga: Ancelotti opens up on future of Real Madrid’s wonderkid, Arda Guler

Lagos Workers Now Earn Minimum Of N70,000 Since January – Governor Sanwo-Olu Says
Forum | 1 day ago

Lagos Workers Now Earn Minimum Of N70,000 Since January – Governor Sanwo-Olu Says

Singer, Shine TTW Narrates How Lagos Policemen Damaged His Car
Forum | 1 day ago

Singer, Shine TTW Narrates How Lagos Policemen Damaged His Car

Taraba Tragedy: 12 Years Old Boy Shoots Younger Brother Dead In Jalingo
Forum | 2 days ago

Taraba Tragedy: 12 Years Old Boy Shoots Younger Brother Dead In Jalingo