Employer Set to Sack Worker Who Failed to Acknowledge Salary Increment for Months

Forum 2 months ago

Employer Set to Sack Worker Who Failed to Acknowledge Salary Increment for Months

A man has taken to Facebook to share an encounter with his employee.

The employer said he's on the verge of sacking an employee who got a salary raise and refused to acknowledge it.

According to the employer, sometime in 2023 when the fuel subsidy was removed by the government, causing fuel to rise from N200/ltr to N700, he increased the worker’s salary by double.

However, since the increment, the employer never said a word until four months later when his salary was returned to N100K.

In a post via Facebook, the employer wrote, “I have an employee whose monthly salary was N100,000. When the fuel pump price increased to N630 per liter, I quietly increased all my employee’s salaries and this particular guy’s salary was increased to N200,000.

He received this 200k for months without saying anything. Last month I decided to revert back to his old salary to know what he would do. Today he mustered the courage to send me the message below, feeling entitled to what’s not his own. Now his job hangs in the balance.”

See the chat below:

https://www.memesng.com/r/storage.waploaded.com/images/57131f6da75997a7200a50db92fc8800.jpg

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
FG Set To Merge CBN’s NIRSAL, Bank Of Agriculture
Forum | 1 day ago

FG Set To Merge CBN’s NIRSAL, Bank Of Agriculture

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Theatrical Rerelease Dates Set for 2024 Return
Forum | 2 days ago

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Theatrical Rerelease Dates Set for 2024 Return

Abuja Panel Beater Sentenced To 3 months Imprisonment Over Theft Of Customer’s Car
Forum | 2 days ago

Abuja Panel Beater Sentenced To 3 months Imprisonment Over Theft Of Customer’s Car

Between The Temples Release Date Set for Jason Schwartzman Comedy Movie
Forum | 3 days ago

Between The Temples Release Date Set for Jason Schwartzman Comedy Movie