How I Went From Scandal-Free To Being Hated - AY Comedian Speaks Up

Forum 2 months ago

How I Went From Scandal-Free To Being Hated - AY Comedian Speaks Up

Ayo Richard Maku, the Nigerian stand-up comedian, popularly known as AY has spoken about how he went from being scandal-free to courting controversies.

The 52-year-old shared his experience in a recent chat with actress Iyabo Ojo on the Gold Room podcast.

In the short clip shared on Instagram on Friday, February 16, AY said:
“The more you look at me, the more you want to think it might be some sort of fluke and the more I get hated as well.”

Iyabo Ojo responded: “I don’t think it’s the hate, I think people love you. You know the way it is with Nigerians they just have the way they expect their idols to be.”

AY then said in part:
“I’ve been that kind of person since until somebody now interviewed me one day and said ‘Hello AY you are one of the few celebrities without scandal’ as soon as I heard the word, I just woke up one day, from without scandal to scandal.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Comedian AY Makun Splashes Millions On Brand New Range Rover
Forum | 4 days ago

Comedian AY Makun Splashes Millions On Brand New Range Rover

When Naira Went Haywire And Some People Were Celebrating, Inwardly We Were Laughing At Them - Shettima Says
Forum | 4 days ago

When Naira Went Haywire And Some People Were Celebrating, Inwardly We Were Laughing At Them - Shettima Says

Criticisms No Longer Shake Me - Skitmaker, Taaooma Speaks Up
Forum | 5 days ago

Criticisms No Longer Shake Me - Skitmaker, Taaooma Speaks Up

Owen Teague Went to ‘Ape School’ to Play Noa in Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes
Forum | 1 week ago

Owen Teague Went to ‘Ape School’ to Play Noa in Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes