Transfer: Nwabali not desperate to leave Chippa United

Forum 1 month ago

Transfer: Nwabali not desperate to leave Chippa United

Nigeria goalkeeper Stanley Nwabali has expressed his desire to extend his stay at Chippa United for one or two more years.

The 27-year-old has been linked with a move away from the South African club following a stellar display for the Super Eagles at the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.

South African giants, Kaizer Chiefs and Belgian Pro League outfit, Union St Gilloise are reportedly interested in the shot stopper.

There is also interest in France and Saudi Arabia.

Nwabali however stated that his main target is to remain at Chippa United for now.

“When you play under a chairman who understands you, everything falls into place – confidence grows… Playing under a chairman who prioritizes the comfort of his players motivates you to give your all, whether you’re in or out of the team,” Nwabali said in an interview with SABC.

“To be honest, I sincerely hope to continue playing for one or two more years under his leadership – that’s my heartfelt desire. If he shares the same sentiment, that would be wonderful, but it’s truly my wish because he’s a wonderful person.”

“He has shown me kindness, and I would like to reciprocate that. However, if my time with the club comes to an end at the conclusion of this season, I will accept it gracefully. If there are further opportunities for me to continue, then I’ll embrace them wholeheartedly,” he concluded.

Nwabali joined Chippa United from Nigeria Premier Football League side, Katsina United in 2022.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Residents Flee As Soldiers Leave Niger Community After Deadly Ambush
Forum | 1 day ago

Residents Flee As Soldiers Leave Niger Community After Deadly Ambush

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer
Forum | 2 days ago

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka
Forum | 3 days ago

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka