Hardship: Tinubu Begs Governors to Pay Wage Awards to Workers

Forum 1 month ago

Hardship: Tinubu Begs Governors to Pay Wage Awards to Workers

President Bola Tinubu has made a plea to the 36 state governors.

He begged them to begin the payment of wage awards to workers in their various states.

The President who made the appeal on Monday during a working visit to Minna, the Niger State capital, said such moves would alleviate the hardship in the country.

Hyacinth Alia of Benue State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State and AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq of Kwara State were among the governors at the event.

The President who spoke directly to Abdulrazaq, Chairman of the Nigerian Governors Forum, NGF, urged all sub-national governments to emulate the Federal Government in taking steps that would mitigate the current hardship.

He said, “The student loan program will commence, there will be unemployment benefits for our graduates.

“The social security program for the elderly and the vulnerable will commence. We are fine tuning all of those areas. We are going to relieve people of hunger.

“And if all of you, I’m glad that I am facing AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq.

“I have been paying wage award pending the determination of the new minimum wage. Let all the sub-nationals start paying that. The wage award with whatever they are taking now, will relieve the public.

“I am not giving an order, I am appealing to you sub-nationals. It’s a relief to the people”.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 3 days ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu
Forum | 4 days ago

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja
Forum | 4 days ago

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri
Forum | 5 days ago

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri