Justified: City Primeval Season 2 Gets Promising Update From Walton Goggins

Forum 1 month ago

Justified: City Primeval Season 2 Gets Promising Update From Walton Goggins

After last year’s premiere of Justified: City Primeval, which is a continuation of FX’s neo-Western crime drama Justified, Boyd Crowder actor Walton Goggins hints at the potential second season.

Though Season 1’s conclusion sets up the future for Season 2 (which is presumably left open for more stories involving Timothy Olyphant’s Raylan Givens), FX has yet to renew the series. However, if the network decides to renew the show, Goggins — while at SXSW for his latest film project, The Uninvited — told ScreenRant that everyone would be on board, stating that there are still more stories to explore.

“There’s always a future in my imagination. Always. I think everybody – all the players involved – want another lap. I didn’t anticipate that, and it took a while to kind of jump back into that. But once we did it, we kind of kept it from everybody. I had such a good time, and I think Tim was inspired. And there is more to say, actually. I didn’t think there was, but there is. Everything is in line. I think everybody’s just waiting for schedules and FX to say, “Go.” We’ll see. We’ll see what happens,” said Goggins.

The original series debuted on FX in 2010 and ended its six-season run in 2015. It also stars Olyphant as Raylan and Goggins as Boyd. On their decision to bring the Boyd character back to the series, showrunners Michael Dinner and Dave Andron previously told EW:

“It was Dave’s idea. When we first sat down, he said, ‘We’ve got to bring back Walton,’” said Dinner. “Dave’s pitch was, ‘Let’s bring him in at the end and have fun with it.’ It wasn’t like, ‘Let’s set up a cliffhanger.’ It was really to amplify Raylan’s complication: Is he going to pick up that phone or not? Is he going to really retire or not?

On the other hand, Andron told EW that Walton was “a huge part of the original [series]” and that it would feel like “a drag” not to include him at all.

The official synopsis for Justified: City Primeval reads: “Having left the hollers of Kentucky 15 years ago, Raylan Givens is now based in Miami, balancing life as a marshal and part-time father of a 15-year-old girl. A chance encounter on a Florida highway sends him to Detroit and he crosses paths with Clement Mansell, aka The Oklahoma Wildman, a violent sociopath who’s already slipped through the fingers of Detroit’s finest once and wants to do so again.”

Who rounds out the cast for Justified: City Primeval?

The rest of the Justified: City Primeval cast members are Aunjanue Ellis as Carolyn Wilder, Vondie Curtis-Hall as Marcus Sweeton, Adelaide Clemens as Sandy Stanton, Marin Ireland as Maureen Downey, Victor Williams as Wendell Robinson, and Vivian Olyphant as Willa Givens, among others.

All eight episodes of Justified: City Primeval are streaming on Hulu.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Apartment 7A: Rosemary’s Baby Prequel With Julia Garner Gets Release Date Window
Forum | 11 hours ago

Apartment 7A: Rosemary’s Baby Prequel With Julia Garner Gets Release Date Window

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement
Forum | 11 hours ago

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 1 day ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob
Forum | 1 day ago

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob