Court Bars Husband From Talking To Wife For 2 weeks

Forum 1 month ago

Court Bars Husband From Talking To Wife For 2 weeks

A 43-year-old man, Chibike Nwakedi, who was accused of domestic violence has been ordered by a Chief Magistrate court sitting in Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State, not to contact his wife, Blessing, for two weeks until they return to court on the adjourned date.

The Chief Magistrate, Dolamu Babalogbon, told the defendant not to speak face to face or communicate with her on the phone or near her, except through a third party, her lawyer.

The police prosecutor, Inspector Sodiq Adeniyi, had during the arraignment told the court that the defendant on March 3, at about 20:00 hours in Ado-Ekiti, assaulted his wife, Blessing Nwakedi, by hitting her right leg against a wooden bed, leading to dislocation.

Inspector Adeniyi said the defendant conducted himself in a manner that was likely to cause the breach of peace.

The prosecutor informed the court that the offence committed is punishable under Sections 186, 181(D) of the Criminal Law of Ekiti State 2021.

However, the counsel to the defendant, Barrister Gbenga Ariyibi, urged the court to grant him bail, saying he would not jump bail and would provide credible surety.

The Chief Magistrate, Dolamu Babalogbon, granted him bail in the sum of N50,000 with two sureties in like sum and adjourned the case till March 28 for hearing.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She
Forum | 14 hours ago

Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She's a Serving NYSC Member

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 1 day ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC
Forum | 2 days ago

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC

Court Fixes May 17 To Rule On Detained Binance Executive
Forum | 2 days ago

Court Fixes May 17 To Rule On Detained Binance Executive's Request For Bail