Sydney Sweeney Gives Candid Response to Madame Web Failure

Forum 1 month ago 1

Sydney Sweeney Gives Candid Response to Madame Web Failure

To call Madame Web a disaster would be an understatement. Sony’s latest entry in their Spider-Man universe has been destroyed by critics, leading to an underwhelming box office performance. The film has become the butt of a lot of jokes, including the line about researching spiders in the Amazon. One of the stars of Madame Web, Sydney Sweeney, is taking Madame Web’s failure in stride.

While promoting her upcoming horror film Immaculate, Sweeney shared her honest thoughts about Madame Web with the Los Angeles Times. Judging by her candid reaction, Sweeney is “unfazed” by the discourse.

“I was just hired as an actress in it, so I was just along for the ride for whatever was going to happen,” Sweeney said.

“I was just hired as an actress in it, so I was just along for the ride for whatever was going to happen,” Sweeney said.

Who is Involved in Madame Web?

Dakota Johnson stars as Cassie Webb/Madame Webb, a New York City paramedic who develops psychic abilities where she can see into the future. Sweeney stars as Julia Cornwall, a young girl who will eventually become a Spider-Woman along with Isabela Merced’s Anya Corazon and Celeste O’Connor’s Mattie Franklin. That is if Cassie can protect them from Ezekiel Sims (Tahar Rahim), a mysterious man who sets out to kill the three young women.

“In a switch from the typical genre, Madame Web tells the standalone origin story of one of Marvel publishing’s most enigmatic heroines,” reads the synopsis. “The suspense-driven thriller stars Dakota Johnson as Cassandra Webb, a paramedic in Manhattan who may have clairvoyant abilities. Forced to confront revelations about her past, she forges a relationship with three young women destined for powerful futures . . . if they can all survive a deadly present.”

Madame Web was directed by S.J. Clarkson (Succession) from a script she co-wrote with Claire Parker, Matt Sazama, and Burk Sharpless. Released on February 14, Madame Web has grossed $96 million worldwide against an $80 million budget.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Sydney Sweeney & Glen Powell ‘Leaned Into’ Affair Rumors To Promote Movie
Forum | 23 hours ago

Sydney Sweeney & Glen Powell ‘Leaned Into’ Affair Rumors To Promote Movie

Axel Foley Gives NFL’s Jared Goff Advice in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F Video
Forum | 1 day ago

Axel Foley Gives NFL’s Jared Goff Advice in Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F Video

Court Gives Update On EFCC’s Suit Against Embattled Yahaya Bello
Forum | 2 days ago

Court Gives Update On EFCC’s Suit Against Embattled Yahaya Bello

VeryDarkMan Calls Out Hilda Baci Over Failure To Start Cooking Class After Collecting Payment
Forum | 3 days ago

VeryDarkMan Calls Out Hilda Baci Over Failure To Start Cooking Class After Collecting Payment