I Trekked From Awoyaya to Oriental Hotel While Battling Drug Addiction - Singer Solidstar

Forum 1 month ago

I Trekked From Awoyaya to Oriental Hotel While Battling Drug Addiction - Singer Solidstar

Nigerian singer, Solidstar has narrated his battle with drug addiction.

In a recent interview, he narrated how he got introduced to ice (a hard substance) by some young boys in 2021.

Ice, also known as crystal methamphetamine, is a stimulant drug, which means it speeds up the messages travelling between the brain and body.

Narrating his story, the singer said the drug ruined his life and music career.

He also recalled walking from Awoyaya in Ibeju Lekki in Lagos to the Oriental Hotel in Victoria Island– an estimated seven-hour trip on foot — during his battle with drug addiction.

“A lot of things happened to me. A couple of young boys introduced me to this substance called ice. This was three years back. The thing really affected me a lot,” he said.

“Sometimes this substance will tell me you are king, you are this, you are that, make I no dey pay for stuffs. Can you imagine say I waka from Awoyaya to Oriental Hotel.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
11 Cultists Arrested For Invading Anambra Hotel With Charms, Dangerous Weapons
Forum | 20 hours ago

11 Cultists Arrested For Invading Anambra Hotel With Charms, Dangerous Weapons

Singer, Shine TTW Narrates How Lagos Policemen Damaged His Car
Forum | 23 hours ago

Singer, Shine TTW Narrates How Lagos Policemen Damaged His Car

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani
Forum | 3 days ago

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK
Forum | 4 days ago

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK