Akwa Poly releases SUG election timetable

Forum 1 month ago

Akwa Poly releases SUG election timetable

The Electoral Board announces the Time Table for the Forthcoming Elections as follows:

( LIFTING OF BAN ON STUDENTS' POLITICS / COMMENCEMENT OF CAMPAIGNS)

1. Friday 15th - Thursday 28th March, 2024 

(i) Sales/Returns of Nomination Forms

(ii) Collection of E-Voting Codes by Students @ Dean, Students' Affairs Office

2. Tuesday 2nd - Wednesday 3rd April, 2024

Security Screening for Aspirants

3. Wednesday 3rd - Thursday 4th April, 2024

(i) Publication of names of cleared Candidates / Meeting of all Candidates with the Electoral Board.

(ii) Seminar on E-Voting for all Students / Presentation of Manifesto by the Presidential Candidates only.

4. Friday 5th April, 2024

Election 

SECTION B - GUIDELINES

1. That all aspirants must be a student of Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic

2. Purchase of forms is NON-REFUNDABLE

3. President shall have a minimum C.G.P.A of 3.20 (Candidate must be an HNDII Student). 

4. Vice President and Secretary-General must have a minimum C.G.P.A of 3.00 (Candidate must be an HNDII Student). 

5. Other offices are open to students of both NDII & HNDII with minimum CGPA of 2.70. 

6. Both ND I /HND I Students are eligible to vote and NOT BE VOTED FOR.

7. There shall be a Re-run election (Within 7 days) for candidates having the same number of votes. 

8. The results of the election will be announced by the Returning Officer. 

9. Gross misconduct or insubordination will not be tolerated during and after the election.

10. All aspirants must return their nomination form with photocopy of his/her document namely:

(a) Current Admission Letter

(b) Current Departmental Fee Receipt 

(c) Current School Fee Receipt

(d) Current School ID Card

(e) Certificate of Origin

(f) 2 File Jacket

(g) Current Hostel Accommodation Receipt

(h) 2 Colored passport Photograph 

11. All the members of the Executive Council shall upon Assumption of Office COMPULSORILY reside within the Polytechnic Campus (Community) 

N/B: All Aspirants should contact the Students' Affairs Division for purchase of Nomination Forms 

All Candidates should abide with the Electoral Guidelines Governing the Election and the Students' Union Government Constitution. 

Signed

Electoral Board

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
FCE Zaria (UDUS affiliated) releases adjusted academic calendar, 2023/2024
Forum | 1 day ago

FCE Zaria (UDUS affiliated) releases adjusted academic calendar, 2023/2024

Philip Shaibu Excluded As INEC Releases Final List Of Candidates For Edo Guber Election
Forum | 3 days ago

Philip Shaibu Excluded As INEC Releases Final List Of Candidates For Edo Guber Election

Kano Poly postpones 1st/3rd semester examination
Forum | 5 days ago

Kano Poly postpones 1st/3rd semester examination

Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others
Forum | 1 week ago

Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others