You Love Drama But Will Still Lose Elections In 2027 - Bashir Ahmed Slams Peter Obi Over Breaking Of Ramadan Fast

Forum 1 month ago

You Love Drama But Will Still Lose Elections In 2027 - Bashir Ahmed Slams Peter Obi Over Breaking Of Ramadan Fast

Former Presidential aide, Bashir Ahmed has taken a swipe at the 2023 presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, after a video surfaced online of him joining Muslims to break their Ramadan fast.

In the viral video, Obi was spotted sitting at the mosque to have Iftar.

While describing the action, the former Anambra governor, wrote on his X account in a series of tweets that it was an opportunity for him “to perform a sacred duty in line with the Ramadan season.”

“I had the honour of travelling to Lafia in Nasarawa state, where I had the privilege of meeting with the Emir of Lafia, Honorable Justice Sidi Bage Muhammad JSC Rtd, a very revered, leader and also extended my courtesy to Governor Abdullahi Sule.”

“This visit was more than a mere formality, it was a genuine expression of my deep respect and unwavering solidarity with the community,
” Obi wrote.

Reacting to the gesture on X, Ahmad said Obi was engaging in acting many scripts, questioning why he did not join Muslims to break Ramadan fast when he was governor for eight years in Anambra.

According to Ahmad, the former governor travelled to Lafia, the Nasarawa capital, to break fast when he could have done it in his home state, criticizing him that he has started paying politics because of the 2027 general elections.

The former presidential aide wrote,
“Peter Obi loves dramas; he would have to act in many scripts from now to 2027 and still end up producing an unsellable movie in the ballot boxes. I just watched his latest hit, his visit to a mosque in Nyaya where he joined Muslims during their breaking of the Ramadan fast.”

“For eight years as a governor, Obi didn’t deem it fit to break fast with Muslims in Anambra even years after leaving office. 2027 politics is in the offing
,” he added.

Meanwhile, Obi’s action has continued to generate mixed reactions among Nigerians as some people commended him for displaying love and tolerance, while some labelled the action as an eye service.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish
Forum | 1 day ago

I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish

At the Sea: Amy Adams Will Star in New Drama Movie From Pieces of a Woman Director
Forum | 2 days ago

At the Sea: Amy Adams Will Star in New Drama Movie From Pieces of a Woman Director

Drama As Woman Seizes Debtor’s Generator After Bumping Into Her At A Burial
Forum | 2 days ago

Drama As Woman Seizes Debtor’s Generator After Bumping Into Her At A Burial

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe
Forum | 2 days ago

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe