Russian Doll Season 3 Update Given by Co-Creator

Forum 1 month ago

Russian Doll Season 3 Update Given by Co-Creator

Almost 2 years after the second season of Russian Doll premiered on Netflix, series co-creator Leslye Headland provided an update about the possible third season of the Natasha Lyonne-led comedy.

The streaming service has not officially axed Russian Doll, nor has it provided an update on the show’s future. But similar to fans, the co-creator also has no idea where Nadia’s story could go next. In an interview with Collider, while talking about the newly released trailer for The Acolyte, Headland revealed that she hasn’t heard anything about the third season.

“I don’t know. I haven’t heard anything. I don’t know if it’s because Natasha [Lyonne]’s doing ‘Poker Face‘ now. I don’t know if it’s gonna become a schedule thing, but I haven’t heard anything from Netflix about it,” said Headland.

Is Russian Doll Season 3 not happening?

While Headland’s update may dim all hopes for Season 3 ever happening, the series co-creator also added during the interview that Russian Doll may still happen — she just hasn’t “heard anything about it.”

Of course, audiences are still hoping for another Russian Doll story, given how well the first season performed on the streamer since its release back in 2019. Lauded for its humor, fans have also praised Lyonne’s performance as Nadia. Season 2, on the other hand, brought Nadia into a more complicated and chaotic time-loop dilemma, adding a dramatic element to the acclaimed comedy series.

“Nadia keeps dying and reliving her 36th birthday party. She’s trapped in a surreal time loop — and staring down the barrel of her own mortality,” the logline for Russian Doll reads.

Apart from starring, Lyonne also co-created the series alongside Headland and Amy Poehler. The cast of Russian Doll includes Charlie Barnett as Alan Zaveri, Greta Lee as Maxine, Elizabeth Ashley as Ruth Brenner, and Chloë Sevigny as Lenora Vulvokov, among others.

You can stream all two seasons of Russian Doll on Netflix.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Yahaya Bello Given Privileges Bobrisky Was Denied – Bwala
Forum | 1 day ago

Yahaya Bello Given Privileges Bobrisky Was Denied – Bwala

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 1 day ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob
Forum | 1 day ago

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 2 days ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’