Happy Gilmore 2 Script Being Written, Says Christopher McDonald

Forum 1 month ago

Happy Gilmore 2 Script Being Written, Says Christopher McDonald

It sounds like Happy Gilmore 2 could be on the horizon, as Christopher McDonald — who played Shooter McGavin in the original film — has seen a draft of the script.

Appearing on Audacy’s 92.3 The Fan, McDonald revealed that he recently met with Adam Sandler. During their discussion, Sandler apparently showed McDonald the first draft of Happy Gilmore 2’s script.

“I saw Adam [Sandler] about two weeks ago, and he says to me, ‘McDonald, you’re gonna love this.’ I said, ‘What?’ He says, ’How ‘bout that,’ [and] he shows me the first draft of Happy Gilmore 2,” the actor stated. “Maybe you should cut that out [of this audio] because I don’t wanna be a liar, but he did show me that, and I thought, ‘Well, that would be awesome.’ So, it’s in the works. Fans demand it, dammit.”

When did the original Happy Gilmore come out?

Universal Pictures’ Happy Gilmore was released on February 16, 1996, and went on to gross $41.2 million against a $12 million budget. The film remains one of Sandler’s more popular efforts and helped kick start a string of box office hits that spanned over a decade and included The Wedding Singer, The Waterboy, Big Daddy, Mr. Deeds, Anger Management, 50 First Dates, and The Longest Yard. Sandler has since found success on Netflix with films such as both Murder Mystery films and Hubie Halloween.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 22 hours ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama
Forum | 1 day ago

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 2 days ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday
Forum | 2 days ago

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday