Mohbad’s Father Buried Him Before He Died - Late Singer’s Mother Makes Shocking Allegation

Forum 1 month ago

Mohbad’s Father Buried Him Before He Died - Late Singer’s Mother Makes Shocking Allegation

Mohbad

Abosede, the bereaved mother of the late Nigerian singer Ilerioluwa Aloba, better known as Mohbad, has claimed that Joseph, the father, buried the late singer even before he died.

Abosede disclosed this in an exclusive interview with Saturday PUNCH titled, “Uncensored: Mohbad’s mother opens up on late son, ex-husband, Naira Marley.”

She said she was not aware of the day Mohbad died despite being in his (Joseph) house for 10 days shortly before the late singer’s demise.

“I actually did not know when my child (Mohbad) died. His father did not tell me. I was in his house for 10 days, shortly before he died. I ran back there when I heard that he had died. I was the one who called his father and siblings to inform them. I brought them all together.

“I called their father to come and see me with all the children despite all he had done to me. I did not have the strength to fight with him because I found happiness in my children, and because they are grown-up, I brought them all together. But, their father separated us.

“I believe that my son was not dead as of the time he was buried. I actually told them not to bury him, but they refused. If they had not buried him at the time he did, I believe he would have lived. Joseph is actually my problem. I believe that he buried my son before he died,” she added.

Although, Aloba gave Yoruba culture as the reason for the quick burial, explaining that it is customary not to delay the burial of a deceased person when both parents are still alive.

He mentioned that if Mohbad had passed away at an older age, the option of keeping his body in a mortuary for a later date might have been considered.

The late singer’s father further revealed that the land where his son was laid to rest belonged to Mohbad and that he had given it to him to build a church.

He clarified that the decision to bury him swiftly was in accordance with Yoruba customs.

“In Yoruba land, his corpse is not the kind to be kept when both of his parents are still alive,” he said.

“That land where Mohbad was buried is his only land, that is the only land I know him to have owned.

“Truly he gave me the land to build my church because we had both agreed to build the church there and since that’s the only land I knew him to have,” he added.

Mohbad died on September 12, 2023, at the age of 27 in Lagos State.

Following an investigation by the Lagos State Police Command to unravel the cause of his death, Mohbad’s remains were exhumed for an autopsy.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Singer, Shine TTW Narrates How Lagos Policemen Damaged His Car
Forum | 1 day ago

Singer, Shine TTW Narrates How Lagos Policemen Damaged His Car

Illbliss Remembers Late Indigenous Rapper, Dagrin
Forum | 1 day ago

Illbliss Remembers Late Indigenous Rapper, Dagrin

Lateef Adedimeji Recounts Grass-to-Grace Journey, Inspires Many
Forum | 1 day ago

Lateef Adedimeji Recounts Grass-to-Grace Journey, Inspires Many

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 1 day ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie