Sacha Baron Cohen Responds to Rebel Wilson’s ‘A-Hole’ Claims

Forum 1 month ago

Sacha Baron Cohen Responds to Rebel Wilson’s ‘A-Hole’ Claims

Sacha Baron Cohen has responded to claims of being a “massive a–hole” to actress Rebel Wilson on the set of The Brothers Grimsby.

In a statement released to Deadline, Cohen’s spokesman said that any and all claims of the actor being disrespectful on set were “demonstrably false.”

“While we appreciate the importance of speaking out, these demonstrably false claims are directly contradicted by extensive detailed evidence, including contemporaneous documents, film footage, and eyewitness accounts from those present before, during and after the production of The Brothers Grimsby,” read the statement.

What did Rebel Wilson say about Cohen?

Recently, Wilson — who is writing an upcoming memoir titled Rebel Rising about her career in Hollywood — referenced having worked with a “massive a—hole” that had their own crisis PR team, and even began sending her threats once she said there was a whole chapter to them in the book.

On Monday morning, Wilson took to Instagram Stories to confirm that it was Cohen and said that she wouldn’t be “bullied or silenced with high priced lawyer or PR crisis managers.”

“Now the a**hole is trying to threaten me,” Wilson wrote in the post. “He’s hired a crisis PR manager and lawyers. He’s trying to stop press coming out about my new book. But the book WILL come out and you will all know the truth.”

Things initially began earlier this month when Wilson took to Instagram to reveal why she had developed a “no a–hole policy” in her career.

“When I first came to Hollywood, people were like, yeah, ‘I have a no a**hole policy, means like, yeah, I don’t work with a**holes.’ I was like, ‘Oh yeah. I mean, that sounds sensible or logical. But then it really sunk in because I worked with a massive a**hole and yeah, now I definitely have a no a**holes policy,” said Wilson.

Wilson also claimed in 2014 that Cohen had pressured her to be naked and do other lewd acts in the 2016 film for the sake of a potential joke.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update
Forum | 1 day ago

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update

Rebel Wilson’s Book Censors Sacha Baron Cohen Comments in Some Countries
Forum | 1 day ago

Rebel Wilson’s Book Censors Sacha Baron Cohen Comments in Some Countries

Owen Wilson Turned Down $12 Million to Star in O.J. Simpson Conspiracy Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Owen Wilson Turned Down $12 Million to Star in O.J. Simpson Conspiracy Movie

Baby Reindeer’s Richard Gadd Responds to Viewers Looking for Real-Life Martha and Darrien
Forum | 2 days ago

Baby Reindeer’s Richard Gadd Responds to Viewers Looking for Real-Life Martha and Darrien