EPL: ‘He’s walking’ – Schmeichel names player who cost Man Utd 1-1 draw against Brentford

Forum 4 weeks ago

EPL: ‘He’s walking’ – Schmeichel names player who cost Man Utd 1-1 draw against Brentford

Former Manchester United goalkeeper, Peter Schmeichel pointed the finger of blame at defender, Aaron Wan-Bissaka after Kristoffer Ajer scored a late equaliser in Brentford’s Premier League 1-1 draw with the Red Devils’ on Saturday.

Mason Mount appeared to have secured victory for Man United deep into stoppage time at the Gtech Community Stadium.

But only for Ajer to restore parity in the 99th minute to salvage a deserved point for Brentford.

However, Schmeichel was not pleased with Wan-Bissaka as he analysed the player’s performance in the SuperSport studio.

“The standards are low. If you look at Wan-Bissaka on the Brentford goal, and this is what I mean by standards.

“Wan-Bissaka is out there to the left, the ball gets crossed and now look at him. He is walking off, walking, walking, he’s jogging,” Schmeichel said.

“And Ivan Toney would have been offside had he followed the back-four line up and then that goal wouldn’t have happened.

“Look at him [Wan-Bissaka] coming out! Look at it!

“That is not Manchester United, that’s not pride, that’s not high standards. That’s not focussing on what your job is.

“He has cost – not to blame him for this – but in that moment, because of what he did, or didn’t do, a simple thing like concentrating, they equalised.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Iwobi guns for 250th appearance as Fulham host Crystal Palace
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Iwobi guns for 250th appearance as Fulham host Crystal Palace

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race