EPL: They’ve points – Martin Keown names team to win title this season

Forum 3 weeks ago

EPL: They’ve points – Martin Keown names team to win title this season

Arsenal legend, Martin Keown has named Liverpool as the strong ‘favourites’ to win the Premier League title ahead of Manchester City and Arsenal this season.

He believes Jurgen Klopp’s side have points, adding that their remaining fixtures in the Premier League look better.

Arsenal moved to the top of the Premier League table with a 2-0 victory over Luton Town on Wednesday.

However, Liverpool will return to the summit if they beat Sheffield United on Thursday.

“Man City can win every game but that doesn’t mean they will be champions because Liverpool have the points,” Keown said on TNT Sports.

“If you look at Liverpool’s games, they just look better to me. The Manchester United game on Sunday is huge, if they win that I would be telling the players they can become Premier League champions.

“When you look at their fixtures, that’s the one tough game for them, and they will want payback for the FA Cup game.

“I just feel Liverpool, having those two points over Arsenal, makes them firm favourites.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Iheanacho, Ndidi clinch Championship title with Leicester City
Forum | 13 hours ago

Iheanacho, Ndidi clinch Championship title with Leicester City

EPL: Micah Richards expresses sympathy for Liverpool star
Forum | 13 hours ago

EPL: Micah Richards expresses sympathy for Liverpool star

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season
Forum | 13 hours ago

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season

EPL: They won’t win their last three matches – Adebayor predicts title winners
Forum | 13 hours ago

EPL: They won’t win their last three matches – Adebayor predicts title winners