Zendaya on Status of Euphoria Season 3: ‘It’s Beyond Me’

Forum 1 week ago

Zendaya on Status of Euphoria Season 3: ‘It’s Beyond Me’

The status of Euphoria Season 3 has been unknown for some time, and star Zendaya recently revealed that she’s unsure if a third season will ever happen herself.

Speaking to Variety, Zendaya was asked about the prospects of the show’s rumored third season and said that she would “of course” return to the series if and when something comes together. However, she also acknowledged that she has no control over whether or not it does.

“If it’s right for the characters and everything turns out the way it should, of course,” Zendaya said. “But it’s beyond me.”

Euphoria Season 3 filming postponed last month

Initially, Zendaya, Sydney Sweeney, and the rest of the cast of Euphoria were set to begin filming on Season 3 this spring, but HBO announced last month that it had postponed production, with stars told to pursue other opportunities while creator Sam Levinson works on the third season.

Shortly after the postponement, reports began to surface that people at HBO were unsure if a third season would ever happen due to the different visions that the creative team for the show had.

According to reports from Variety, early drafts of Season 3 stories were seen as unsatisfying to HBO, with Levinson’s original vision for the new series featuring a five-year time jump. HBO was reportedly happy with the storylines given to Sydney Sweeney and Jacob Elordi’s characters in the early drafts; however, the company took issue with Zendaya’s proposed character arc, which saw her working as a private detective.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Bridgerton Showrunner Reveals Season 3 Ending Will Include Clues About Next Lead Couple
Forum | 1 day ago

Bridgerton Showrunner Reveals Season 3 Ending Will Include Clues About Next Lead Couple

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag

EPL: I know why Rashford is having bad season – Ten Hag
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: I know why Rashford is having bad season – Ten Hag

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 4 days ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins