Sydney Sweeney ‘Isn’t Pretty’ and ‘Can’t Act,’ Says Hollywood Producer Carol Baum

Forum 1 week ago

Sydney Sweeney ‘Isn’t Pretty’ and ‘Can’t Act,’ Says Hollywood Producer Carol Baum

Famed Hollywood producer Carol Baum recently blasted Euphoria actor Sydney Sweeney, criticizing the actor’s physical appearance and her acting skills.

Sweeney has been successful with recent films, including Anyone But You and Immaculate. But despite praise from fans and critics alike, one of Hollywood’s top female producers did not hold back when speaking about Sweeney.

Carol Baum reportedly calls Euphoria’s Sydney Sweeney a bad actor

Baum spoke to film critic Janet Maslin of the New York Times after a screening of 1988’s Dead Ringers. Talking about Sweeney, she claimed that the actress is “not pretty” and “she can’t act.” According to the Daily Mail, the producer reportedly said:

“There’s an actress who everybody loves now — Sydney Sweeney. I don’t get Sydney Sweeney. I was watching on the plane Sydney Sweeney’s movie because I wanted to watch it.”

Continuing to talk about Anyone But You, she said:

“I wanted to know who she is and why everybody’s talking about her. I watched this unwatchable movie — sorry to people who love this movie — [this] romantic comedy where they hate each other.”

Baum further referred to asking the students in her producing class at the USC School of Cinematic Arts about Sweeney and stated:

“I said to my class, ‘Explain this girl to me. She’s not pretty, she can’t act. Why is she so hot?’ Nobody had an answer, but then the question was asked, “Well, if you could get your movie made because she was in it, would you do it?”

The producer said that this question doesn’t have a simple answer. According to her, a producer’s job is to get the film made after getting a studio’s green light. So, she’d continue making the movie even with Sweeney’s involvement.

But since Baum’s interview, her comments haven’t been received well by fans, Sweeney herself — a representative for the actor called her comments “shameful” — and other people in the industry, including Immaculate producer Teddy Schwarzman, who posted: “I’m not sure why someone who claims to still be a producer would make such terribly ugly comments, but I can assure everyone that Sydney is at least beautiful on the inside.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Fake Alcohol Producer Arrested In Delta And Recounts How He Makes The Fake Drinks
Forum | 2 days ago

Fake Alcohol Producer Arrested In Delta And Recounts How He Makes The Fake Drinks

Sydney Sweeney & Glen Powell ‘Leaned Into’ Affair Rumors To Promote Movie
Forum | 5 days ago

Sydney Sweeney & Glen Powell ‘Leaned Into’ Affair Rumors To Promote Movie

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 5 days ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Action Trailer Previews Peacock Docuseries About Stunt Performers
Forum | 5 days ago

Action Trailer Previews Peacock Docuseries About Stunt Performers