Amina Zakari Finally Reveals Reasons Why Buhari Picked Her As The INEC Chairman

Forum 8 years ago

Amina Zakari Finally Reveals Reasons Why Buhari Picked Her As The INEC Chairman

Amina Zakari has refuted speculations she’s a family relation of President Muhammadu Buhari. She also explained the reason for being picked to be INEC acting chairman, saying she wasn’t expecting the appointment.

“I would say Gen. Buhari did not appoint me as a commissioner; President Jonathan did… at the time President Jonathan came, he was looking for people that had integrity. That was what I was told, and I found myself in the commission and did my best.

She says President Buhari’s message is for people to be honest and to have integrity. “This is a statement he sent to me. ‘Don’t do anything against your principle.’ Already, I have that principle and I will maintain it.

“For somebody to now say Gen. Buhari knew me and gave me the job, obviously he knew I am a hard worker and he is a principled person. I have never known him for nepotism. He is a very principled person.

“If there are familial ties, the principle would have rubbed off on that family. I come from a very principled family. My father survived two regimes that were jailing and sacking people,
and he survived both. And for that, I don’t think I would do anything that would jeopardise that principle. I can’t say the general is my in-law.

“I am not married to his son and my daughter is not married to him. That is what I understand about being an in-law. But obviously, in life, you have acquaintances, people you have known. But I think people should not get distracted by this ‘family or no family’. Am I competent?
Can I deliver? Can I conduct my affairs with
integrity?
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 3 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

Philip Shaibu Excluded As INEC Releases Final List Of Candidates For Edo Guber Election
Forum | 15 hours ago

Philip Shaibu Excluded As INEC Releases Final List Of Candidates For Edo Guber Election

That ’90s Show: Mila Kunis Reveals if She and Ashton Kutcher Are Returning for Season 2
Forum | 21 hours ago

That ’90s Show: Mila Kunis Reveals if She and Ashton Kutcher Are Returning for Season 2

Deadpool & Wolverine Trailer Reveals Emma Corrin’s Villain Cassandra Nova
Forum | 1 day ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Trailer Reveals Emma Corrin’s Villain Cassandra Nova