APC Governors In Emergency Meeting Over National Assembly

Forum 8 years ago

APC Governors In Emergency Meeting Over National Assembly

Ahead of Friday’s National Executive Council (NEC) meeting of the governing All Progressives Congress (APC), governors elected on the platform of the party are holding an emergency meeting in Abuja on Thursday to discuss the leadership crisis rocking the National Assembly.

There has been disquiet in the party in the past few weeks following the emergence of Bukola Saraki as the Senate President and Yakubu Dogara as the Speaker contrary to the wishes of the APC.

Senator Ahmad Lawan and Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila were the party’s preferred candidates for the respective positions, but both men lost after Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) lawmakers in the National Assembly backed their opponents.

In a notice of meeting issued on Tuesday, Imo State governor and chairman of the Progressive Governors’ Forum (PGF), Rochas Okorocha,
invited his colleagues to the meeting at the Imo Lodge in Abuja tonight.

The meeting is scheduled to start at 8pm and the governors are expected to take a position ahead of the APC NEC slated for Friday at 10am.

Most of the governors are angry at the way Saraki snatched power in the Senate through the back door.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 11 hours ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

PDP NWC Backs Damagum As Acting National Chairman
Forum | 11 hours ago

PDP NWC Backs Damagum As Acting National Chairman

State Electoral Commissions Are Governors Rigging Tool – El-Rufai
Forum | 11 hours ago

State Electoral Commissions Are Governors Rigging Tool – El-Rufai

Gunmen Storm LG Secretariat In Ekiti, Days After Oyo Assembly Invasion
Forum | 16 hours ago

Gunmen Storm LG Secretariat In Ekiti, Days After Oyo Assembly Invasion