APC Not Responsible for Current Economic Hardship - Senator Godswill Akpabio

Forum 8 years ago

APC Not Responsible for Current Economic Hardship - Senator Godswill Akpabio

While addressing journalists in Arochukwu, Abia State, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain and the Senate Minority Leader, Senator Godswill Akpabio has appealed to Nigerians not to blame the current economy woes on the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) led government, adding that the country’s current economic challenge was a global phenomenon orchestrated by the steady fall in oil prices.

The former Akwa Ibom state governor who advocated for diversification of the economy, said the global economic meltdown is being felt more by Nigerians because the country runs a mono-economy built around oil.

He enjoined the Federal Government to pay attention to other sector of the economy like mining, agricultural and entrepreneurship ventures and as well as foreign direct investment to boost the country’s revenue base.

"So, what has happened here is that with the massive failure, what we call oil glut in the market, the oil price has reduced below what we expected in the last 20 years. That automatically has affected our economy.

"It has nothing to do with which administration is in power. It has something to do with resources to be able to deliver the dividend of democracy."

While he admitted the effect of the harsh economy on the citizenry, sued for patience from Nigerians and solicited support for the present administration in the interest of the country.

"The country belongs to all of us and if the country collapses on our heads, it means that we bequeath nothing to our children," he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
NEC Meeting: Nigerians Want PDP to Rescue Them From APC – BoT Chair, Wabara
Forum | 3 hours ago

Forum | 1 day ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 2 days ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

Anti-Party: APC Speaks On Suspending El-Rufai
Forum | 2 days ago

Anti-Party: APC Speaks On Suspending El-Rufai