''2019 Elections Will Be Credible, Free And Fair'' - President Buhari Assures UN

Forum 6 years ago

''2019 Elections Will Be Credible, Free And Fair'' - President Buhari Assures UN

President Buhari has assured the United Nations of his government's readines to conduct a free and fair election in 2019. President Buhari gave the assurance when he had a closed door meeting with the UN deputy secretary-general, Amina Mohammed, in Abuja recently.

“On preparations for the 2019 elections and expected support from the United Nations, President Muhammadu Buhari welcomed continuous support from the United Nations. And assured the deputy secretary-general of his commitment to ensuring credible, free and fair elections in Nigeria.” the UN statement detailing the outcome of the meeting read
The statement added that during the meeting, President Buhari commented on the Africa Continental Free Trade Agreement, and the humanitarian and security challenges in Northeast.

“On the situation in Cameroon and the status of Cameroonian Refugees in Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari and the Deputy Secretary-General agreed on the need to respect international obligations on the rights of refugees and asylum seekers, the Cameroonians in particular. They also called for the respect of the guarantee of fair and humane treatment of those recently arrested and deported to Cameroon. On the Africa Continental Free Trade Agreement, President Muhammadu Buhari assured the Deputy Secretary-General of the country’s intention to sign the agreement following national consultations. On the humanitarian and security situation in the North East, President Muhammadu Buhari and the Deputy-Secretary welcomed the speedy return of the recently abducted girls from Dapchi. And highlighted the need for particular attention to be given to securing schools through the accelerated implementation of the Safe School Initiative.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 1 day ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

Free Fall: Zachary Levi Cast in Rock-Climbing Action Movie Directed by Death Proof Star
Forum | 2 days ago

Free Fall: Zachary Levi Cast in Rock-Climbing Action Movie Directed by Death Proof Star

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje
Forum | 3 days ago

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje

EPL: Anthony Martial to leave Man Utd as free agent
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Anthony Martial to leave Man Utd as free agent