'I Will Win The Election With A Landslide' - Yahaya Bello Boasts

Forum 4 years ago

'I Will Win The Election With A Landslide' - Yahaya Bello Boasts

Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello, has said that he would be re-elected without hassles, in a blunt response to questions about his political strength.

Mr. Bello said on Friday after meeting President Muhammadu Buhari behind closed doors at the Presidential Villa, Abuja that perceived internal crisis in the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kogi would not stop his re-election.

“I am the governor today and Insha Allah, l will return back as the governor for another four years, after the November 16 election. As for the ticket, the analogy is that the tenant cannot send the landlord out of his house,” Bello boasted.

“So, APC in Kogi state was rebuilt by me, after the good job done by our late leader, His Excellency, Alhaji Abubakar Audu. After his demise, l came, rebuilt it from the scratch to what it is today.

“That is evident in the last outing of the party where we had 25/25, in the State House of Assembly. We also won 7 out of the 9 contested positions in the House of Representatives and two out of the three Senate seats in the Senate.

“So, anybody that is making such noise does not disturb me because, in market place, noise is allowed. You know, Kogi politics is the loudest. So, people must make noise and you can’t stop that.”

A vocal critic of Bello, Senator Dino Melaye, recently joined the race for the governorship seat, adding more problems for Bello.

The governor, however, appearing unruffled, said he was confident of winning the governorship election with a wide margin.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others
Forum | 9 hours ago

Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others

Submit Yourself For Probe - FG Tells Ex-Kogi Gov Yahaya Bello
Forum | 11 hours ago

Submit Yourself For Probe - FG Tells Ex-Kogi Gov Yahaya Bello

EFCC vs Yahaya Bello: Ex-Kogi Governor Has Lost Immunity, Can Be Arrested, Prosecuted – Falana
Forum | 13 hours ago

EFCC vs Yahaya Bello: Ex-Kogi Governor Has Lost Immunity, Can Be Arrested, Prosecuted – Falana

Winter Spring Summer or Fall First Image Previews Jenna Ortega-Led Romantic Drama
Forum | 1 day ago

Winter Spring Summer or Fall First Image Previews Jenna Ortega-Led Romantic Drama