‘Arsenal Are Fully Equipped To Win Premier League Title This Season’- Legend Emile Heskey Says

Forum 7 years ago

‘Arsenal Are Fully Equipped To Win Premier League Title This Season’- Legend Emile Heskey Says

Arsenal are ‘fully equipped’ to take the Premier League title, according to former Leicester and Liverpool striker Emile Heskey.

The Gunners last claimed the top-flight crown back in 2003-04, as ‘The Invincibles’ swept all before them.

Arsene Wenger has kept his side competitive over the years, but they have been unable to get their hands back on the grandest of domestic prizes.

It could be that the class of 2016-17 return the north London outfit to the summit, with impressive progress made up to this point.

A 3-1 victory over Stoke City on Saturday lifted Arsenal to the top of the table, with their unbeaten run in the league stretching back to the opening day of the season.

Heskey has been impressed by a new-found defensive stability at the Emirates, with everything starting to come together for a side starved of title success over the past decade.

“I think they’re fully equipped to actually win it this year and really push to the end,” he told Sky Sports’ Goals on Sunday.

“They’ve got some very, very exciting players.

“When you give them space, they have so many different runners from different positions that you can pick out any one of them and they’ve got the players to pick them out.

“As long as they’re solid defensively, which they’re showing they’re getting better at, I think they’ve got a good chance.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday
Forum | 1 day ago

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday

Severance Season 2 Wraps Production on Apple TV+ Series
Forum | 2 days ago

Severance Season 2 Wraps Production on Apple TV+ Series

Wednesday Season 2 Cast Adds Thandiwe Newton to Netflix Series
Forum | 2 days ago

Wednesday Season 2 Cast Adds Thandiwe Newton to Netflix Series