Arsenal, Barcelona warned off Mustafi, Alcacer

Forum 7 years ago

Arsenal, Barcelona warned off Mustafi, Alcacer

Valencia coach, Pako Ayestaran, has told Arsenal and Barcelona to kill hopes of signing club’s star players, Shkodran Mustafi and Paco Alcacer following a disappointing start in the La Liga on Monday night.
Valencia suffered a shocking 4-2 home defeat to Las Palmas in their first game of the season last night.

Ayestaran maintained that the duo will not be sold during the current transfer window.

Mustafi, a German defender has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates Stadium, while Alcacer has been repeatedly linked with a move to Camp Neu.

Valencia need to sell in order to meet Financial Fair Play regulations, but their coach is adamant the pair have a future at the Mestalla.

After the defeat to Las Palmas on Monday, Ayestaran told reporters, “Mustafi is not for sale and will not be leaving the club.”

He further explained that omission of the defender in the defeat was due to his fitness, and he came on at half-time with Valencia already 3-2 down.

Alcacer featured in the entire duration of the game and his coach insisted he had been told the forward was not for sale either.

He added, “With Alcacer I can be as firm as with Mustafi, [club president] Lay Hoon already said it.
“The president has said in public that Alcácer and Mustafi are not for sale and I have to believe her.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I
Forum | 14 hours ago

I'm Not Scared - Destiny Etiko Reacts After Two Prophets Warned Her About Some Colleagues’ Plans To End Her Life

EPL: It’s not over yet – Declan Rice on title race after Arsenal defeat
Forum | 22 hours ago

EPL: It’s not over yet – Declan Rice on title race after Arsenal defeat

EPL: It’s gone 100% – Merson slams Arteta as Arsenal lose in title race
Forum | 22 hours ago

EPL: It’s gone 100% – Merson slams Arteta as Arsenal lose in title race

EPL: Two Arsenal players miss final training ahead of Aston Villa clash
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Two Arsenal players miss final training ahead of Aston Villa clash