ARSENAL CAN WIN THE PREMIERLEAGUE – WATFORD’S ODION IGHALO

Forum 8 years ago

ARSENAL CAN WIN THE PREMIERLEAGUE – WATFORD’S ODION IGHALO

The Hornets come up against the Gunners in a Premier League clash on Saturday but the Nigerian feels their more-fancied opponents are not favourites to win the league believes that Saturday’s opponents Arsenal could win the Premier League but are not the favourites for the title.

Ighalo returns from the international break having scored a goal in Nigeria’s 3-0 demolition of Cameroon in Brussels on Sunday.

The Gunners are second, sandwiched between the Manchester clubs, going into the weekend, but the Nigerian thinks they will have to contend with the usual favourites to win their first title in more than a decade.

“Arsenal can win it, but it's going to be difficult because you have Manchester City, Manchester United and even Chelsea fighting too,” Ighalo told Goal.

“There’s no good time to play them because Arsenal are a big and good team.”

The 26-year-old has been in great form as he was nominated for the Premier League Player of the Month for September and has scored five goals so far, more than strikers Theo Walcott and Olivier Giroud combined.

“It’s a great feeling but I don’t want to be carried away with that,” he said, instead focussing on the challenge ahead.
[ads4]

Having failed to score against Manchester City during his first encounter with one of the giants of the English game this season, the Nigerian will face Arsenal on Saturday hoping to reprise the feat of his hero, Samuel Eto’o, against the Gunners during his brief spell with Chelsea. Eto’o opened scoring in that famous 6-0 demolition of the Gunners at Stamford Bridge in March 2014.
“Samuel Eto’o is my idol, I love the way he plays and some people call me Eto’o,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 6 hours ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves