Banker turned puff puff seller speaks about the journey so far

Forum 7 years ago

Banker turned puff puff seller speaks about the journey so far

After Omotade Johnson ( pictured in white ) lost his banking job in 2009, he resolved never to apply for any paid job again. He then relocated to Lagos and he is now making ends meet by frying and selling puff puff at Igando bus stop, Lagos, together with his partner Omotade.

In an interview with ThisDay reporter Peter Uzoho, the graduate of Mass Communication said: “Formerly, I worked with Intercontinental Bank Plc. That happened shortly; I lost the job when the bank got liquidated and everything went flat.

But, as a man, you have to work and I can’t see anything I can’t do. So that was why I joined the new trend. The business has been on for the past 11 years but I met it in 2012, when I came to Lagos. I never went to school for it, I learnt it from my friends who were professionals in the business.

Although, some of them were younger than me in age then, but that never mattered to me, because all I wanted was for them to teach me how to fry and all other things involved, which they obliged. So, since I joined, the business has been good; I don’t have anything to regret.

I’m not lacking any money. I love the business. It’s quite a profitable one. Of course, if it’s not, this my team you see working here wouldn’t have been here. Because you can’t just wake up early in the morning, stay here till night without going home with something that is worth the time and you continue working.”…. while singing “me haffi work work work work work work” like say u b Rihanna….

May 26, 2016
No Comments
Two Europe-bound Nigerians rescued on the Mediterranean sea on T

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Owen Wilson Turned Down $12 Million to Star in O.J. Simpson Conspiracy Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Owen Wilson Turned Down $12 Million to Star in O.J. Simpson Conspiracy Movie

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi
Forum | 2 days ago

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi

Criticisms No Longer Shake Me - Skitmaker, Taaooma Speaks Up
Forum | 5 days ago

Criticisms No Longer Shake Me - Skitmaker, Taaooma Speaks Up

A Big Bold Beautiful Journey Cast: Phoebe Waller-Bridge & More Join Margot Robbie-Led Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

A Big Bold Beautiful Journey Cast: Phoebe Waller-Bridge & More Join Margot Robbie-Led Movie