Bukola Saraki At Tribunal With 81 Senators

Forum 8 years ago

Bukola Saraki At Tribunal With 81 Senators

Senate President Bukola Saraki is currently at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) where his trial for alleged false declaration of assets is continuing.

The senate president arrived in company of 81 senators, including Ike Ekweremadu, deputy senate president; Dino Melaye, Samuel Anyanwu and Stella Oduah.

TheCable initially counted more than 50 senators who disembarked from four buses before commencement of the trial. But Chuks Okocha, spokesman of the senate president, confirmed that the senators were 81 in all.

Saraki arrived at the court a few minutes before 10am, and quickly sat on the second row of seats in the audience. ?He sat beside Aliyu Ndume, senate leader, whom he intermittently conversed with. The senate president appeared unruffled?.

The first time he was in court was on September 22, after an order for his arrest by the CCT.
Although he came to the tribunal voluntarily, he had sought to stop his trial at the high court and appeal court, but failed. Saraki had pleaded? not guilty to a 13-count charge of false declaration of assets, and had said he was on trial because he emerged senate president against the wish of his party.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I See All Challenges As A Stepping Stone To Greatness - Actress Kiitan Bukola Writes As She Turns A Year Older
Forum | 4 weeks ago

I See All Challenges As A Stepping Stone To Greatness - Actress Kiitan Bukola Writes As She Turns A Year Older

I Got More Monet Than Other Lawmakers - Senator Ndume Reacts To Claim Senators Were Given N500M
Forum | 1 month ago

I Got More Monet Than Other Lawmakers - Senator Ndume Reacts To Claim Senators Were Given N500M

Senators Got N500 Million For Constituency Projects – Bamidele Admits
Forum | 1 month ago

Senators Got N500 Million For Constituency Projects – Bamidele Admits

Some Senators Want To Impeach Akpabio Before July - Senate Majority Leader, Opeyemi Bamidele
Forum | 1 month ago

Some Senators Want To Impeach Akpabio Before July - Senate Majority Leader, Opeyemi Bamidele