Celine Dion Cancels Tour To Care For Cancer-Stricken Husband

Forum 9 years ago

Celine Dion Cancels Tour To Care For Cancer-Stricken Husband

Bad news for Celine Dion fans: The singer has made the decision to cancel her upcoming Asia tour — and pretty much everything else on her schedule that has to do with her career. Instead, Celine’s chosen to spend her time focused on her husband, Rene Angelil, and his battle with cancer.

This means that Celine’s Las Vegas residency has also been postponed, and so has everything elserelated to business. But in Celine’s world, family comes first — even when you are a legendary vocalist. And since Rene had a tumor removed from his throat in December, it’s not surprising that the 46-year-old singer wants to spend more time caring for him.

“I want to devote every ounce of my strength and energy to my husband’s healing, and to do so, it’s important for me to dedicate this time to him and to our children,” Celine told People. “I also want to apologize to all my fans everywhere, for inconveniencing them, and I thank them so much for their love and support.”

In June, Rene stepped down from his role as Celine’s manager, instead handing over the reins to Aldo Giampalo. It sounds like 2014 has been a year of getting back to basics for Celine and Rene, and intheir case, the basics mean making their marriage (and each other’s health) a top priority.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Actress, Stephanie Okereke-Linus, Husband Celebrate 13th Wedding Anniversary
Forum | 3 days ago

Actress, Stephanie Okereke-Linus, Husband Celebrate 13th Wedding Anniversary

Ab*rtion Is Better Than Bringing A Child Into The World That You Cannot Take Care Of - Etinosa
Forum | 5 days ago

Ab*rtion Is Better Than Bringing A Child Into The World That You Cannot Take Care Of - Etinosa

Wife In Pain as Cheating Husband Infects Her With HIV Five Months After Marriage
Forum | 6 days ago

Wife In Pain as Cheating Husband Infects Her With HIV Five Months After Marriage

Woman Who Shot Her Nigerian Husband Dead In The US To Appear Before Court In May
Forum | 6 days ago

Woman Who Shot Her Nigerian Husband Dead In The US To Appear Before Court In May