Coach Ranieri Drenched in Champagne as Leicester Players Re-start EPL Champions Party (Photos)

Forum 7 years ago

Coach Ranieri Drenched in Champagne as Leicester Players Re-start EPL Champions Party (Photos)

Leicester defender, Christian Fuchs soaks his manager Claudio Ranieri in champagne during the manager’s press conference

Leicester City coach, Claudio Ranieri was sprayed with champagne by his player, Christian Fuchs who broke into his press conference as the title celebrations began in earnest in Leicester.

The jubilant coach who had to duck for cover was left soaked and jokingly ordered Fuchs in for extra training on Sunday morning, but the manager, who was serenaded by fans all afternoon, insisted that it would be a quiet night for him as he is too old to party.

‘I am a calm person, even when I was young. I haven’t been in a disco more than 10 times. Can you imagine me now going to a disco? There’s a little party with the chairman upstairs then I go home to sleep.

‘I waited so long but I am so happy. I don’t know what will happen next season because this was a magic season. After the last match, let me go to the sea and recharge my batteries. And after that we will start,’ he said.

Leicester put in a performance befitting title winners as they beat Everton 3-1 at the King Power Stadium. Jamie Vardy scored twice but berated himself for missing the chance to score a hat-trick and draw level with Harry Kane in the race for the Golden Boot.

Vardy is now one goal behind Kane but drove his 72nd-minute penalty high over the bar and said: ‘It would have been a lot better if I hadn’t put that ball on to the helicopter up there. But it’s an unbelievable feeling for everyone involved. Someone must have put a spell on me to make this season happen.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Stop Wike’s Use of PDP to Remain Relevant – Secondus to Party Leaders
Forum | 12 hours ago

Stop Wike’s Use of PDP to Remain Relevant – Secondus to Party Leaders

Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with
Forum | 13 hours ago

Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with

Michael Owen names three EPL stars that would improve Arsenal
Forum | 17 hours ago

Michael Owen names three EPL stars that would improve Arsenal