Corper Collapses During Ooni Of Ife’s Visit To Orientation Camp

Forum 7 years ago

Corper Collapses During Ooni Of Ife’s Visit To Orientation Camp

A corps member slumped at the National Youth Service Corps Orientation Camp in Ede, Osun State on Monday while the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, was addressing corps members at the camp.

The Ooni was there to address the youth on Skills Acquisition and Entrepreneur Development. However, not long after he started, one of the corps members slumped.

She was rushed to the clinic where she was promptly treated.According to one of her fellow corps member, she slumped probably due to exhaustion.

One of the NYSC officials who rushed to the clinic to check the corps members told Punch some minutes later that the lady had left the clinic after treatment.A member of the Red Cross alsoconfirmed that the sick corps member had been treated and discharged.

The Ooni, who said his daughter was one of the corps members deployed in Abuja, said hewas happy to be in the midst of the youth and urged them to focus on their dreams and rely on God for guidance.

He said: “I made up my mind that I would be an entrepreneur. I was selling rice and sugar.

“At the age of 19, I fathered a child, which made the matter more complicated.Life was very tough because I had to cater for my child; but that made me to work harder.

“Today, I am very proud to say that she is one of the present batch of corps members in Abuja now. That experience shaped by life and made me to keep striving.“I started going to Benue to bring yam tubers, which I turned to yam powder.

I want to encourage you today, whatever you are selling or doing, do it with zeal.

“I met Aliko Dangote and Dr. Deji Adeleke and other successful people right inside the market where I was selling foodstuff. I used my background to redefine the way I was selling the stuff.”

He advised the corps members not to be disappointed in Nigeria and the leadership of the country but to join hands to work together for the development of the nation.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Caution Govt Officials Against Hiring Private Jets to Visit You – Shehu Sani
Forum | 1 week ago

Caution Govt Officials Against Hiring Private Jets to Visit You – Shehu Sani

Commotion As Police Raid Insurgents’ Camp In Anambra, Recover Six IEDs
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Commotion As Police Raid Insurgents’ Camp In Anambra, Recover Six IEDs

Woody Woodpecker Goes to Camp Trailer Previews Netflix Animated Movie
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Woody Woodpecker Goes to Camp Trailer Previews Netflix Animated Movie

Ex Convict Wan Go See Current Convict – Reactions As Blessing CEO Goes to Visit Verydarkman in Cell
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Ex Convict Wan Go See Current Convict – Reactions As Blessing CEO Goes to Visit Verydarkman in Cell