'Don Jazzy Was Right, I Am His Child' - Reekado Banks

Forum 8 years ago

'Don Jazzy Was Right, I Am His Child' - Reekado Banks

Better known as Reekado Banks, Ayoleyi Hanniel Solomon, Nigerian entertainer and musician, has been on the high rise to stardom since he joined the Mavin crew in 2014. Speaking to TheCable, the 22-year-old artiste talked about his aspirations and what it means to be in the Mavin crew.

WINNING NEXT RATED ACT
There were three other artists nominated for the Next Rated act and I feel very good emerging winner of the category.

SETTLING OF DON JAZZY-OLAMIDE RIFT
I don’t know how it was settled. I was at the studio when Don Jazzy came in and told me that the rancour had been settled and that he had posted about it on Instagram.

REACTION FROM FAMILY ABOUT MUSIC
I was fortunate enough not to be restricted, all I did was tell my mum. She told my dad and he said he didn’t have a problem with that and that all he needed to be sure of was that I would not leave Jesus Christ.

BEING ONE OF THE YOUNGEST IN THE MAVIN CREW
It feels good to be a member of a family with older and encouraging people. That’s why I didn’t feel awkward when Don Jazzy referred to me as children at the Headies. I am his child; he can call me child as long as he wants.

FAVOURITE MEMBER OF THE MAVIN CREW

I love everyone but to be honest, Dija is my favourite.

ASPIRATIONS IN MUSIC
I’d like to get every award; I don’t have anything in mind, I just want to play music and enjoy myself. My mind is not on awards; I just want everyone to have fun. My greatest achievement is that people enjoy themselves.

IF NOT MUSIC, WHAT?
I don’t know what I would have done. I guess I would have graduated and gotten a job by now.

OPINION ON CELEBRITY LIFE
It’s very boring. I can do every other thing I want except take a stroll on the street and I miss that. I wasn’t exposed because of the type of family I came from; I was always indoors. I had the most fun with my family. When I was in the university, I never clubbed. My life has always been by myself with my family and close friends.
The only thing I miss is that I can’t take a stroll on the street.

RELATIONSHIP STATUS
I am single.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Don Jazzy Reacts as Ayra Starr Links up With Rihanna
Forum | 3 days ago

Don Jazzy Reacts as Ayra Starr Links up With Rihanna

I’m Honoured To Be Compared With Him – Don Jazzy On Comparison With Young Jonn
Forum | 1 week ago

I’m Honoured To Be Compared With Him – Don Jazzy On Comparison With Young Jonn

“When Esther see money, Establish” – Don Jazzy jumps on viral TikTok challenge
Forum | 2 weeks ago

“When Esther see money, Establish” – Don Jazzy jumps on viral TikTok challenge

I’m A Master Producer – Don Jazzy Shares Throwback Hit Songs As He Reminds Fans Of His Musical Prowess
Forum | 2 weeks ago

I’m A Master Producer – Don Jazzy Shares Throwback Hit Songs As He Reminds Fans Of His Musical Prowess