Don’t expect much from Trump’s Presidency- Expert warns African leaders

Forum 7 years ago

Don’t expect much from Trump’s Presidency- Expert warns African leaders

A policy and governance expert, Mr Oseloka Obaze, has advised African leaders to look inward for solutions to their political and economic challenges.

Obaze, the Managing Director of Selonnes Consult, said in a statement in Awka on Friday while reacting to the emergence of Donald Trump as U.S. president-elect.

He said that the emergence of Trump as the president-elect, in spite of the bookmakers’ predictions, was “American Wonder’’.

Obaze, who is also a retired diplomat, said that Trump presidency might hold some fortunes for Africa.

He called for more strategic positioning on the part of African leaders to maximize the relationship.

According to him, Nigeria should not expect much in terms of economic assistance under the ensuing order, but hope that unlike Barak Obama, Trump will visit Nigeria while in office.

“He is likely to deal with Nigeria in the African context, if his foreign engagement is purely strategic, and it will mean seeking partners like Nigeria to outsource the regional challenges.

“Depending on his immigration policies, it will favour Nigerians that need to be regularized.

“On Nigeria’s socio-economic challenges, we should expect little or no assistance.

“Yet, I predict he will visit Nigeria, within his first four years, something Obama did not do in eight years,” he said. (NAN)

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Stop Sharing Videos of Dead Colleagues Like Junior Pope - Actor Oloketuyi Warns Colleagues
Forum | 1 day ago

Stop Sharing Videos of Dead Colleagues Like Junior Pope - Actor Oloketuyi Warns Colleagues

Dr. Odyssey Cast: Don Johnson Joins ABC’s Newest Medical Drama
Forum | 2 days ago

Dr. Odyssey Cast: Don Johnson Joins ABC’s Newest Medical Drama

Chucky Season 4 Gets Update From Creator Don Mancini
Forum | 2 days ago

Chucky Season 4 Gets Update From Creator Don Mancini

I’m Honoured To Be Compared With Him – Don Jazzy On Comparison With Young Jonn
Forum | 4 days ago

I’m Honoured To Be Compared With Him – Don Jazzy On Comparison With Young Jonn