Don’t waste money on adverts, donate to IDPs – Atiku tells associates

Forum 7 years ago

Don’t waste money on adverts, donate to IDPs – Atiku tells associates

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has appealed to his family, friends and associates to channel resources earmarked for signed congratulatory adverts towards the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) and other charitable causes.

The All Progressives Congress (APC) chieftain said this Thursday, following media enquiries about his coming 70th birthday celebrations on November 25, 2016.

Atiku, in a statement issued by his media office in Abuja, said he wanted his friends and associates to celebrate him in the service of humanity instead of devoting money to adulatory and self-glorifying advert messages.

The Turakin Adamawa said touching lives of others is the best expression of gratitude to God for His boundless favours and blessings.

Atiku explained that God has been “wonderfully kind to him for sustaining his life and keeping him in good health to witness yet another birthday event.”

He said giving back to humanity has been his passion and that his friends and associates can honour him better if they spend their resources on charitable causes to celebrate his special day.

“My special day, and indeed the season is one of reflection, of thanksgiving and prayers; of inestimable gratitude to God for attaining this milestone.

“I will forever cherish your prayers for more years in good health to enable me undertake whatever assignment God and humanity have set for me,” Atiku added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Son Arrested For Faking His Own Kidnap To Extort Money From Father In Jigawa
Forum | 1 day ago

Son Arrested For Faking His Own Kidnap To Extort Money From Father In Jigawa

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC
Forum | 1 day ago

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC

Shehu Sani Tells FG to Pull Down Chinese Supermarket Denying Nigerians Entrance
Forum | 2 days ago

Shehu Sani Tells FG to Pull Down Chinese Supermarket Denying Nigerians Entrance

Your Evasion Of EFCC Arrest Is A Criminal Offence – Daniel Bwala Tells Yahaya Bello
Forum | 2 days ago

Your Evasion Of EFCC Arrest Is A Criminal Offence – Daniel Bwala Tells Yahaya Bello