Edo Monarch Cries Out Over Threat To Life.

Forum 7 years ago

Edo Monarch Cries Out Over Threat To Life.

THE Onojie of Opoji and Vice Chairman, Edo State Council of Traditional Rulers and Chiefs, HRH Ehidiamen Aidonojie I, yesterday, raised alarm, that he was being threatened by the former chairman, Board of Trustees of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Tony Anenih.

The royal father said that his lawyers were already preparing a petition to be submitted to the Inspector General of Police and the state Police Commissioner Chris Ezike, on the issue, adding that it was “because I told the world that Esan Royal fathers never endorsed Ize-Iyamu.”

But reacting, Chief Anenih, took a swipe at the Onojie of Opoji, Ehidiamen Aidonojie I, saying that he has never killed anyone in his life time even when he was a young person, let alone now that he is 83.

Speaking to Vanguard on phone, Chief Anenih, said “Onojie of Opoji was one of the traditional rulers who received our candidate and the PDP's governorship candidate for the September election, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu. I know him very well. I never killed somebody in my life even as a Police Constable. Is it now that I will be 83 that I will kill somebody? I will not kill anybody in my life. I am a peaceful man. I will not kill an ordinary man, a big man, a traditional ruler or anybody. I will not even contemplate killing the Onojie of Opoji, why will I do that?”

The Royal father, had alleged “He (Anenih) called me shouting at me ‘Your Highness, I am disappointed in you.’ I asked him what I had done, he kept shouting 'what has Oshiomhole (governor) done' for me in my life and I told him to stop insulting me even if he is Anenih, that I am a traditional ruler for Christ sake.

“He said that was why he was not happy that I attended the function at the Onojie of Uromi’s palace. He went on to say that he thought we had settled, he said he thought we had settled our problem. But I told him that what we agreed was that he should make an Esan man governor but he never did it.

“Rather what he brought to Esan people now was deputy governor and he still kept it in Uromi. And that was the same thing we have been complaining, all the ministers have come from his place in Uromi and in every election, he will ask Esan people to vote PDP. I asked why did he not move the deputy governorship to another community in Esanland, must it be Uromi?

“He said I should be careful and he was warning me. First of all, it is an abomination to insult a Royal father like me. I have briefed my lawyers and we are petitioning the IG of Police. I have already informed the state Commissioner of Police and the DSS. Why must Esan people vote PDP when in Esan, most of us have been marginalised while Uromi remains the Israel," he said.

Vanguard

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Nothing Must Happen To Me, My Grandson, And Mohbad’s Wife - Mohbad’s Mother Cries Out
Forum | 12 hours ago

Nothing Must Happen To Me, My Grandson, And Mohbad’s Wife - Mohbad’s Mother Cries Out

Ifu Ennada Reveals How Her Life Changed After She Became Born Again
Forum | 6 days ago

Ifu Ennada Reveals How Her Life Changed After She Became Born Again

Lucy Lawless-Led My Life Is Murder Sets Season 4 Premiere Date
Forum | 1 week ago

Lucy Lawless-Led My Life Is Murder Sets Season 4 Premiere Date

Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Renewed for Season 2 at Apple TV+, Spin-offs Underway
Forum | 1 week ago

Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Renewed for Season 2 at Apple TV+, Spin-offs Underway