Ekiti PDP Chairman Divorces Wife Of 28 Years (Read Why)

Forum 8 years ago

Ekiti PDP Chairman Divorces Wife Of 28 Years (Read Why)

A Customary Court sitting in Ado Ekiti on Monday, brought to an end the 28-year-old marriage between the chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Ekiti State, Idowu Faleye, and his wife, Olajumoke.

Mr. Faleye, 62, had gone to court to seek divorce from Olajumoke, 52, accusing her of aggressive behaviour, highhandedness, incessant fighting,
making their continued living together impossible.

Their union produced two female children: Toyin, 27, and Dupe, 24. Mr. Faleye told the court that he had no affection for his estranged wife.

“I don’t love the respondent anymore, I only appreciate my children and I don’t see any resolution of the crisis in the union,” he said.

He also said Olajumoke could remain in his house for six months as ordered by the court.

The president of the court, Joseph Ogunsemi, held that from the available evidence before him, there was no doubt that “the union had collapsed irredeemably.”

He said in the divorce suit filed by Mr. Faleye was unchallenged by the Respondent, who also did not appear in court to defend herself or give a contrary evidence.

Mr. Ogunsemi held that there was a reason to believe that the union had degenerated to a mere co-habitation, since it had not been legalized in the last 28 years.

“There is no proof of a legal marriage between the couple, ” he said.

[ads4]
While relying on Order 8 Rule 5 of Ekiti State Customary Court, Ogunsemi concluded that “Olajumoke shall have the grace to stay in Faleye’s house for six months within which she is expected to relocate elsewhere.”

The court also ordered the two parties to maintain peace henceforth consequent upon the dissolution of the marriage.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I Have All The Credentials To Become PDP National Chairman – Suswam
Forum | 6 hours ago

I Have All The Credentials To Become PDP National Chairman – Suswam

Ganduje Remains Our National Chairman – APC
Forum | 7 hours ago

Ganduje Remains Our National Chairman – APC

Eight Years Not Forever – Aisha Yesufu Mocks Yahaya Bello, ElRufai
Forum | 7 hours ago

Eight Years Not Forever – Aisha Yesufu Mocks Yahaya Bello, ElRufai