‘Enyeama Is Returning To Super Eagles’- Gernot Rohr Reveals!!

Forum 6 years ago

‘Enyeama Is Returning To Super Eagles’- Gernot Rohr Reveals!!

Super of Eagles of Nigeria head coach, Gernot Rohr, has revealed that goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama will return to the national team once he is fully fit.

In 2015, Enyeama who presently has been axed by his club in France, Lille, announced his retirement from the national team, a day after he was officially stripped of the captain’s armband for the Super Eagles.

He reportedly had an altercation with former Coach of the Super Eagles, Sunday Oliseh, and took to his Instagram page to announce that he is no longer available for national team duties and would henceforth face his club career.

He wrote, “I have fought a good fight for more than 13years.I have finished my course, I have kept the faith and sang the anthem with passion. henceforth, there is la!d for me a crown which only GOD can reward me for my 13years of national services. God bless NIgeria.

“Henceforth, I am no more the captain of the NIgerian senior football team, I am no more the goalie of the team. I am out of the team. I am no more available for international duties.

But in a recent interview with Owngoalnigeria.com, Coach Rohr revealed that once Enyeama returns to full fitness and also sort out the issues of finding a new club, he is confident he will return to the team.

“The true position is that I have a good relationship with Enyeama and he has a problem with the federation (NFF) before I came on board as coach. When I called him and he said there’s a problem with the federation, I cannot come at the moment,” Rohr stated.

“When I call him again, he asked to take some leave for his injury. I think the situation is a little bit different because some players who don’t want to play for their national team can change their mind.

“But unfortunately the injury of Vincent means he cannot come for this game against Cameroon, not only that he also has to find another club because his club bought two other goalkeepers. “So he cannot play at the moment at his club, he must be fit first and also find another club then hopefully he will be motivated to come back to the national team.”

Nigeria will face Cameroon on the 1st of September, in the first leg of World Cup Qualifiers in Uyo, while the second leg will hold on the 4th of September in Yaounde.

[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series
Forum | 3 days ago

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City

Oliseh names Super Eagles player that will win AFCON for Nigeria
Forum | 3 days ago

Oliseh names Super Eagles player that will win AFCON for Nigeria

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers
Forum | 5 days ago

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers