Ex-Gov. Lamido And His 2 Sons Set To Regain Freedom

Forum 8 years ago

Ex-Gov. Lamido And His 2 Sons Set To Regain Freedom

Former Jigawa State governor, Alhaji Sule Lamido and his two sons may regain their freedom on Tuesday.

Federal High Court in Kano State had last week ordered that the immediate former governor of Jigawa State , Alhaji Sule Lamido, his two sons and one other person be remanded in prison custody over 28-count charge of alleged money laundering charges.

Information made available to LEADERSHIP through Lamido's spokesman, Malam Kyari J. Madamuwa, revealed that a vacation judge has been appointed and will sit on Tuesday, adding that they were hopeful Lamido and his two sons and one other person would be granted bail.

Lamido was arraigned before the court by the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) along with his two sons, Mustapha Sule Lamido and Aminu Sule Lamido and one Aminu Wada Abubakar over alleged money laundering charges to the tune of N1.3 billion.

The accused persons, who were charged under various money laundering prohibition acts, pleaded not guilty to all the charges counted against them in the court.

However, in his submission, last week counsel to the defendant, Mr. Offiong E. Offiong, while seeking for the bail of his clients, told the court that they have applied for the bail since last Tuesday, stressing that the alleged offences are bailable.

Hence, the presiding judge adjourned the case to 28th September, 2015 for continued hearing and ordered that the accused be remanded at the prison custody pending the bail application by the defence lawyer to the vacation judge at the Abuja Federal High Court.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Gov Uzodimma Appoints 16 Special Advisers
Forum | 1 day ago

Gov Uzodimma Appoints 16 Special Advisers

Tulsa King: Sylvester Stallone Shares Set Photo for Season 2
Forum | 2 days ago

Tulsa King: Sylvester Stallone Shares Set Photo for Season 2

People Inciting Me to Probe Gov Yusuf – Kano Anti-graft Agency Chair
Forum | 2 days ago