Former South African President Jacob Zuma To Face Corruption Charges

Forum 6 years ago

Former South African President Jacob Zuma To Face Corruption Charges

The director of South Africa’s National Prosecuting Authority says that former president Jacob Zuma will be prosecuted on 16 charges of corruption.

Shaun Abrahams announced today that Zuma will face charges including fraud, corruption, racketeering and money laundering.

Zuma, 75, resigned as president last month, after he was ordered to do so by his party, the African National Congress. The charges stem from a $2.5 billion government arms purchase in 1999, when Zuma was deputy president. Zuma was elected president in 2009.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 21 hours ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

Money Laundering: Kano Anti-Graft Commission Files Fresh Charges Against Ganduje
Forum | 1 day ago

Money Laundering: Kano Anti-Graft Commission Files Fresh Charges Against Ganduje

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu
Forum | 3 days ago

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu

Forum | 3 days ago