‘Further Your Education Like I Did After Marriage’ – Aisha Buhari Tells Nigerian Women

Forum 6 years ago

‘Further Your Education Like I Did After Marriage’ – Aisha Buhari Tells Nigerian Women

Wife of President Buhari, Aisha Buhari, has called on Nigerian women and girls, particularly those residing in the North, to further their education so that they could avail themselves of opportunities that may arise in the future.

She gave the advise yesterday December 14th at the closing ceremony of the Skills Acquisition and Empowerment Training Programme initiated and sponsored by her pet project, Future Assured in Bauchi. She stated that it was after she got married that she furthered her education.

“When I got married, I had only the secondary school qualification. I didn’t know that my husband would become president, but I continued with my education and this is where God has brought me to today. Education has become a compulsory thing that we must acquire. We must understand English Language and speak it, so that when any intervention comes, we will benefit from it. People should continue to go to school, even if you will not work in an office; but, go, so that when opportunities come up tomorrow, you will not be left out. Nobody should relent or give up going to school. We should keep reading and schooling for the benefit of the society.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Drama as Nigerian Man Slaps Girlfriend Over Cake-cutting at Party
Forum | 21 hours ago

Drama as Nigerian Man Slaps Girlfriend Over Cake-cutting at Party

Nigerian Man Arrested For Being In Possession Of Fake Naira Notes
Forum | 21 hours ago

Nigerian Man Arrested For Being In Possession Of Fake Naira Notes

Slain Nigerian Policemen In Delta State Receive Posthumous Honours, N46million Donations
Forum | 22 hours ago

Slain Nigerian Policemen In Delta State Receive Posthumous Honours, N46million Donations

How Nigerian Soldiers Intercepted A Gun Runner In Taraba, Foiled Kidnap Attempt
Forum | 1 day ago

How Nigerian Soldiers Intercepted A Gun Runner In Taraba, Foiled Kidnap Attempt