Gen Buhari Will Fight Corruption Like I Did – Guinea President

Forum 8 years ago

Gen Buhari Will Fight Corruption Like I Did – Guinea President

President Alpha Conde of Guinea has expressed confidence in the ability of the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, to fight corruption, adding that Buhari will fight corruption like he has done in his country.

The Guinean President said this while speaking with journalists after a meeting with the national leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, and the Lagos State Governor-elect, Akinwunmi Ambode, in Lagos on Tuesday.

He said, “I came to Lagos to meet my brother, Tinubu before I meet with President Buhari.

With the election of Buhari, who is a straight forward person that will fight corruption like me, I believe his emergence as President will culminate in a stronger relationship between Guinea and Nigeria.

“Before the last general elections in Nigeria, there were anxiety, fear and uncertainty over the land.

It was the belief that the country would disintegrate.

This is also drawn from the fact that Nigeria fought the Biafra war. The war against Boko Haram was also there which Africa has to jointly fight.”

Conde also described the outcome of the March 28 presidential election and acceptance of defeat by President Goodluck Jonathan as victory for Africa and Nigeria.

He said, “The election in Nigeria is a victory for Africa and Nigeria, being the biggest black African country.

We also congratulate President Goodluck Jonathan for accepting defeat just like President Abdou Diouf of Senegal when he lost the presidential election.”

Tinubu said Africa must have its home-grown strategy to build its economy.

He said there was a need for Africa to address trade issues and conflicts being perpetuated by fundamentalists.

He said, “We must form that synergy amongst African countries to develop the continent.

We must address open trade issues and conflict of fundamentalist.

We must resolve our problems in order for our today to be better for a great continent of Africa.

“Now we have that leader; we have those leaders and they are working together to share ideas and share vision. We will rescue Africa from destitution, poverty and ignorance and that is all that we are working hard for.”

Ambode, in his remarks, assured Conde and the people of Guinea that the next four years would witness greater trade and commerce between Lagos and Guinea.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Give Her A Break, Did She Choose To Be Born Into A Razz Environment Or Family? - Etinosa Fires Back At Nigerians Attacking Phyna
Forum | 6 hours ago

Give Her A Break, Did She Choose To Be Born Into A Razz Environment Or Family? - Etinosa Fires Back At Nigerians Attacking Phyna

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja
Forum | 8 hours ago

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja

Boy Kills World: Bill Skarsgård Engages in a Gun Fight in New Clip
Forum | 18 hours ago

Boy Kills World: Bill Skarsgård Engages in a Gun Fight in New Clip

I’m Not Fighting With My Successor Like Other Ex-Governors – Dave Umahi
Forum | 23 hours ago

I’m Not Fighting With My Successor Like Other Ex-Governors – Dave Umahi