Getting Married Again Has Been Difficult – Steph-Nora Okere

Forum 8 years ago

Getting Married Again Has Been Difficult – Steph-Nora Okere

Veteran Nollywood actress,Steph Nora Okere has opened up on her failed marriage and why it’s not been easy to get marriedagain. In excerpts from a new interview with Vanguard,she said…

Your marriage to Lanre Falana did not last. Why?
I was never married but I was involved in a marriage process which got truncated along the line. Marriage begins with paying the woman’s dowry, traditional and white wedding. All these did not take place. My family didn’t support marrying a man who kept one woman in one place and plans keeping another one in another place. I attend Catholic church and the marriage process in Catholic, begins with the intended couples tendering a marriage certificate issued by a court to the church. This was the main reason we were in court in the first place.

Was it cultural differences that led to the break up?
[ads4]
Not at all. It was based on personal conduct and irreconcilable differences . We were not living together. We had the court marriage in July and he went abroad September. Only for him to come back like a year and half later.

You said in an interview that you had no regret about your ‘’truncated marriage process.’’

That is because I am not a party to pretense. That marriage would have made me a sad woman. I have learnt not to judge a book by its cover.

Any plans of marrying again?
It has not been easy. You hardly can differentiate between a man who truly wants you as a woman because he feels for you , or one who wants to be seen with a known actress. Some men can go as far as taking a bet over you because you are a known actress. But when a good man comes around, I will settle with him. However, my Bible has not told me I can not make heaven as a single woman.

Do you feel lonely as a single woman?
How? Because I am not married? Why should I feel lonely? I have my family. I have brothers, sisters, friends and neighbours.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Relax, Things Are Getting Better – Akpabio Declares
Forum | 1 week ago

Relax, Things Are Getting Better – Akpabio Declares

You Are Moving On To Become A Sidechick To Another Married Man - Actor Caz Chidiebere Slams Mabel After She Announced Split From AY
Forum | 1 week ago

You Are Moving On To Become A Sidechick To Another Married Man - Actor Caz Chidiebere Slams Mabel After She Announced Split From AY

Nigerian Pastor Who Married 3 Wives Breaks Silence
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Nigerian Pastor Who Married 3 Wives Breaks Silence

“I wasn’t getting roles but when I met Ruth Kadiri everything changed” – Chidi Dike reveals
Forum | 2 weeks ago

“I wasn’t getting roles but when I met Ruth Kadiri everything changed” – Chidi Dike reveals