Ghana Blames Nigeria For Country's Power Shortage

Forum 7 years ago

Ghana Blames Nigeria For Country's Power Shortage

Ghanaian President, John Mahama, has blamed the irregular power cuts in his country on delays in delivery of crude oil from Nigeria to power thermal plants due to the activities of Niger Delta Avengers, NDA, which had been blowing up oil and gas pipelines in the Niger Delta.

President Mahama, who spoke during an Eid-el-fitr speech at a ceremony, said Ghana had been experiencing a massive shortfall in electricity production in recent times, causing individuals and companies to complain.

According to Mahama, this is the reason Ghana's electricity supply has taken a dip.

"We have recently suffered some generational problems. I held a stakeholders' meeting with all those involved in the power sector. Because of sabotage in Nigeria on the terminals, crude oil that we ordered last month has not arrived; and so, it has created some generational problem for us," said Mahama.

He, however, assured Ghanaians that things would be normalised soon, saying: "We are taking steps every day to ensure that Ghana has security when it comes to power."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EFCC Arrests Sirika Over N8bn Nigeria Air Fraud
Forum | 1 day ago

EFCC Arrests Sirika Over N8bn Nigeria Air Fraud

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani
Forum | 2 days ago

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music
Forum | 4 days ago

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music