Gov. Fayose Given 5-Day Ultimatum To Rescue Kidnapped Lecturers

Forum 8 years ago

Gov. Fayose Given 5-Day Ultimatum To Rescue Kidnapped Lecturers

The Academic Staff Union of Universities, Ekiti State University chapter, on Monday, gave a five-day ultimatum to the state government to secure the release of their colleagues from the kidnappers’ den.

According to the lecturers, if their colleagues are not rescued within the time-frame, they would embark on an indefinite strike.

They revealed that five teachers were kidnapped at different locations in the state within two weeks.

It was also disclosed that two out of the abducted five persons had been freed to go and look for N210m ransom for the release of the others.

A lecturer at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Femi Omisore; Folasade Alade of EKSU and Kikelomo Adegun, wife of the former Chief Medical Director of the EKSU Teaching Hospital, Ado Ekiti are those in the kidnappers’ den.

The protesting university teachers marched to the Governor’s office where they were received by the Deputy Governor, Kolapo Olusola.

[ads4]
While addressing Oluisola, Chairman of the EKSU chapter of ASUU , Olufayo Olu-Olu said: “This is the same way Boko Haram started in the North.

It started like a child’s play but today, a visit to the North would show the level of callousness and damage the sect has done to the system.

On this premise, the government must act fast and stop this nonsense.”

“These kidnappers erroneously think our members are rich; but they do not know that we have not received salaries in EKSU since March, 2015.

Three of our members are still being held and they are demanding for N70m on each of them.

Our fear is that, immediately these people realise that we are not rich, they may decide to waste those that they are still holding.”

“We are therefore pleading with Governor (Ayodele) Fayose to act fast because it seems the police and the DSS have no clue to how the victims can be saved.”

The deputy governor however, informed the protesters that Governor Fayose had gone to Abuja to meet the new Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase over the development.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Submit Yourself For Probe - FG Tells Ex-Kogi Gov Yahaya Bello
Forum | 43 mins ago

Submit Yourself For Probe - FG Tells Ex-Kogi Gov Yahaya Bello

Gov Uzodimma Appoints 16 Special Advisers
Forum | 1 day ago

Gov Uzodimma Appoints 16 Special Advisers

People Inciting Me to Probe Gov Yusuf – Kano Anti-graft Agency Chair
Forum | 2 days ago

People Inciting Me to Probe Gov Yusuf – Kano Anti-graft Agency Chair