Gunmen Kidnap Siasia's Mother

Forum 8 years ago

Gunmen Kidnap Siasia's Mother

Madam Ogere Siasia, the elderly mother of the Dream Team VI coach, Samson Siasia, has been kidnapped, according to Sahara Reporters.
[ads4]

Madam Siasia was kidnapped from her house in Odoni village, Sagbama local government area of Bayelsa state by armed men who stormed the family’s house in the early hours of today, November 17.

Confirming the incident to the media outfit, Bayelsa state police command’s spokesperson ASP Ansinim Butswat, said the matter has been reported, but details still remain sketchy.

According to sources, the kidnappers stormed her residence, forced their way through the back door and whisked away the elderly woman on a motorbike, despite efforts by her husband to stop them from taking her away.

The kidnappers reportedly hid near the house, before striking when most residents of the town were asleep.
In a statement made available to newsmen, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has appealed for release of 72 –year old Madam Siasia.

On learning of the unfortunate incident this morning, NFF President Amaju Pinnick was depressed.
He said:“This is quite disturbing.

We are just preparing for a crucial 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying match, and the U-23 boys are already in The Gambia for a pre-Cup of Nations training camp. Why this?
“All we can do is to appeal to the kidnappers to free Samson Siasia’s aged mother. Samson is on a critical national assignment presently and the last he needs is this kind of distraction.

The 72 –year old Mrs Ogere Siasia, according to Samson, was abducted in the village of Odoni, Bayelsa State by three men on motorbike.

A distressed Siasia said his mother happened to be the only one at home in his village taking care of his father who is visually impaired.

Siasia said:“Right now I am confused, from the story I got, three men on motorbike stormed my parents’ house in my village Odoni in Bayelsa state, shot sporadically into the air before taking my old mother away on a bike.

What do they expect from me? I don’t have money, I am right now on national duty, and need all the time to concentrate on this very important national task, so I beg them to please release my mother so that I can concentrate on this task of qualifying the U-23 National Team for the men’s football event of the Rio Olympics.

Coach Siasia confirmed that the incident has been reported to the police in Bayelsa state.

At the time of this report, Madam Siasia’s abductors were yet to make any contact with the family for a ransom.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
How My 15-Month-Old Baby Was Burnt To Death — Bereaved Mother Says
Forum | 22 hours ago

How My 15-Month-Old Baby Was Burnt To Death — Bereaved Mother Says

Nothing Must Happen To Me, My Grandson, And Mohbad’s Wife - Mohbad’s Mother Cries Out
Forum | 1 day ago

Nothing Must Happen To Me, My Grandson, And Mohbad’s Wife - Mohbad’s Mother Cries Out

Mother Of Sound Engineer, Precious, Who Died Alongside Jnr Pope Calls On Gov Fubara
Forum | 1 day ago

Mother Of Sound Engineer, Precious, Who Died Alongside Jnr Pope Calls On Gov Fubara

Gunmen Storm LG Secretariat In Ekiti, Days After Oyo Assembly Invasion
Forum | 3 days ago

Gunmen Storm LG Secretariat In Ekiti, Days After Oyo Assembly Invasion